1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rate my fantasy football team

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by DBoon, Aug 31, 2008.

1. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

Royal killed them the first game too when he was the #1.

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

ugh....

bears D vs. cards

or

packers D vs. saints?

i've lost faith in the bears lately, but sometimes they surprise me....

very happy i took the pack last weekend.

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

eccch- houshmanzadeh.

How can a guy be #1 in receptions in the NFL and be such a fantasy dog?

I swear to God I will never, ever draft another Cin Bengal as long as I play Fantasy.

4. phreak

phreak Senior member

his value dropped 10x when palmer got injured

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

his value dropped 10x when palmer got injured

And you can't cut him in Yahoo leagues.

6. michaeljkrell

He is 7th in my PPR league. He has had three monster games and everything else has been rather pedestrian.

7. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

While Housh has not lived up to expectations, consider yourself lucky for not being an Ocho Cinco owner. Losing Graham and Felix Jones for the year certainly has not helped out my situation either. Not to mention Westbrook being gimpy has really left me short stacked at RB.

8. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

While Housh has not lived up to expectations, consider yourself lucky for not being an Ocho Cinco owner. Losing Graham and Felix Jones for the year certainly has not helped out my situation either. Not to mention Westbrook being gimpy has really left me short stacked at RB.

Tell me about it...

In two of my other leagues I had Addai, Bush, and Jackson...

9. michaeljkrell

Yeah, a guy in my 16 team league drafted Addai & Jackson and thought he would be dominating the league... Not so much. Bush has still done extremely well at least in PPR leagues. After missing those games he is still number 8.

10. michaeljkrell

I guess Quinn has a small fracture on one of his fingers on his throwing arm. He is going to start, but I don't know if I should be starting Edwards. I am leaning toward Lance Moore now. Thoughts?

11. phreak

phreak Senior member

dont hate it, packers secondary is starting to play better though.

im not sure how i feel about this game though (GB NO.) on one hand i look at GB defense and am wary of playing NO receivers, but then it makes sense that this will be a high scoring affair so idk.

as for quinn, i wouldnt put too much stock into that, if he deterred in the least, i think they would just put in anderson

12. michaeljkrell

Well, a pretty sucky week for me, but Im still going to win, so Moss on my bench didn't hurt me. I don't know how the Broncos get held to 10 points at home against Oakland, but whatever. I don't understand why Peterson doesn't get more touches than he does. It just doesn't make any sense. Gore did nothing. Tempted to bench him for some games when I have a more favorable matchup with my receivers.

Outside of Matt Forte (w/Brees still to play) my top scorer was Leodis McKelvin of the Bills.

13. phreak

phreak Senior member

eli, owens, dunn, tony G, baltimore carried me...gore sucked

also going against lendale white and westbrook doesnt hurt. I needed these 2 wins too

14. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Big money league ($435 plus tons of side action plus fees on transaction and trades) is going downhill - my co-owner (head owner) and I (co-owner, but also head coach - although all expenses are shared equally) have given up. We drafted Addai, M. Jones Drew, Tory Holt, L. Coles, Carson Palmer and Jeremy Shockey, so it went downhill really fast. So we have stopped making moves since they cost money ($2 per pickup, $1 per player traded, money goes to the team owner who has the top QB, RB, and WR at the end of the season).

On the flip side, though, we constructed a series of fake league news reports that result in the head coach (me) getting "fired" and having a Jim Mora inspired/stolen meltdown in a fake press conference.

edit: it's not really big money, but all my other leagues are $100 apiece. So I call it the big money league.

15. perusingnature

perusingnature Well-Known Member

my ass got walloped this week going against r.moss and chicago defense. top team losing to the worst =ouch.

16. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

I sat Hightower and Derrick Ward in our league and lost by 4 goddamn points. And wasn't ever in it in my other league. Hopefully the 3rd will come through. I'm up by 30 w/Brees against Rogers and Grant.

17. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Going into MNF, down by 2.46 points in my money league. Have Greg Jennings going, and my opponent is done.

Work league, I'm up 115.78 to 86.20. He has Ryan Grant going, I have Aaron Rodgers.

SF League. I'm up 143.80 to 67.60. He has Ryan Grant, and I have Lance Moore.

sort of looks like a potential sweep this week, which is nice, considering how shitty the past couple weeks have been for me.

Could have been up by way more in my work league, Cassel and his ridiculous 55 fantasy points were on my bench.

oh well...

18. michaeljkrell

Moore is lighting it up tonight (on my bench)...

19. michaeljkrell

Playoffs this week. Don't know what to do after Brees, Forte & AP. Moss and Morris are playing Seattle. Moore & Colston are at home against the Falcons and Royal is playing the Cheifs. Thinking of starting Moore, Colston & Royal.

20. breakz

breakz Senior member

Why wouldn't you start Moss against Seattle? Super-weak secondary, and they've got an offense that works for him now. Don't let the Pitt showing deter you.