Rate my bow tie tying skills/suggestions for improvement

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by primetimeseano, Apr 19, 2016.

How does it look?

1. Good!

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Passable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You need a lot more practice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. primetimeseano

primetimeseano Senior member

Hi all,

I'm getting married in July and I'm working on my bow tie tying skills. I wear regular ties several times a week, but I've never worn a self-tie bow tie before. I've been practicing tying it, and I'm not exactly a natural. Hahaha.

I took these pictures today. Is it looking half decent? Please ignore the shirt (it's the one I wore to work today). Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Also, for anyone wondering, I bought the bow tie from Kent Wang. It seems very nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Looks fine. You look as though you've overcome the primary problem that a lot of people encounter, which is not making the bow tight enough, so that the bow tie falls away from the collar band.

I'd probably pull the ends just little tighter so as to get a bit more dimpling around the knot, as I like dimples on ties, but that's subjective.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Active Member

Looks nice and even; yep the key for me is the center of the tie and it looks nice and clean on your knot. Pull the bows evenly to tighten. Keep it up! I'm a bowtie man myself.