• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rate a Brand : Armani Exchange.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Short answer: No. If you see something you like and you can afford it, then fine. But, in general, it's really at the bottom of the barrel.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its for people who cannot afford giorgio armani or armani collezioni, but still want the armani label. Its over priced crap.

jjjohn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by justsayno
low quality mass market goods

+1
bounce2.gif

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never held the clothing so I can't vouch for quality but I hate the gaudiness. I asked someone who was wearing a big AX belt buckle whether he got it free with his body spray. I can vouch that the sunglasses are crap.

beasty

Reaction score
It used to be made in USA and available in outlet stores. At least that can be worth something.

Now, its mainly made in China and Asia and the designs are trickled down from EA and AC. Although some can be unbearably loud (same can be said for some EA stuff though).

All in all, good to get if you want the Armani brand and that's it. But if so, go to the outlet or get it during sale. BTW I think AX is licensed from Giorgio himself. So the designs arent connected to Giorgio other than some trickled down designs.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to put "Armani Exchange" in the same breath as "Giorgio Armani" is really something else...easily one of the worst labels out there.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
You should have asked on CK jeans.

lol8[1].gif
"I've been hearing things about a brand called 'Kenneth Cole Reaction.' Any thoughts?"

j/k

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FormalFashion08
Im ashamed I even asked

This nearly caused me to choke on my coffee.

In any case, tried on a few items several years back, and like others have mentioned, I can't see that the proceedings would have improved since.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
lol8[1].gif
"I've been hearing things about a brand called 'Kenneth Cole Reaction.' Any thoughts?"

j/k

Honestly, I will avoid these brands. I cant make myself spend on these brands even for items I dont want to spend too much money on, say a belt, socks, backpack. I will look at the price and the item and I will go for cheaper alternatives like H & M or Gap.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
lol8[1].gif

j/k

For me, the biggest "WTF" brand ever would have to be Steve Madden...i just don't get it. Is there really a demographic in society that finds this kind of stuff, this EXACT kind of stuff appealing?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
beasty, FtB... I'm with you and will never understand.

As beasty said, if there is something I want but not enough to search for/pay for a high-quality alternative, then H&M, Zara, etc. fit the bill just fine. That's one thing I really like about Uniqlo in Japan; simply, no nonsense basics of very fair/decent quality at very good prices. Their solid color "premium cotton" tees for 1500 yen (about $14) and plain, no-logo zip track jackets for 2500 yen (about $23) are wonderful and I wear them all the time when I dont need to dress more formally. I probably have picked up twenty of the shirts and 5 of the jackets, by now...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads