• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rate a Brand : Armani Exchange.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Short answer: No. If you see something you like and you can afford it, then fine. But, in general, it's really at the bottom of the barrel.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its for people who cannot afford giorgio armani or armani collezioni, but still want the armani label. Its over priced crap.

beasty

Reaction score
It used to be made in USA and available in outlet stores. At least that can be worth something.

Now, its mainly made in China and Asia and the designs are trickled down from EA and AC. Although some can be unbearably loud (same can be said for some EA stuff though).

All in all, good to get if you want the Armani brand and that's it. But if so, go to the outlet or get it during sale. BTW I think AX is licensed from Giorgio himself. So the designs arent connected to Giorgio other than some trickled down designs.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to put "Armani Exchange" in the same breath as "Giorgio Armani" is really something else...easily one of the worst labels out there.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
You should have asked on CK jeans.

"I've been hearing things about a brand called 'Kenneth Cole Reaction.' Any thoughts?"

j/k

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FormalFashion08
Im ashamed I even asked

This nearly caused me to choke on my coffee.

In any case, tried on a few items several years back, and like others have mentioned, I can't see that the proceedings would have improved since.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
"I've been hearing things about a brand called 'Kenneth Cole Reaction.' Any thoughts?"

j/k

Honestly, I will avoid these brands. I cant make myself spend on these brands even for items I dont want to spend too much money on, say a belt, socks, backpack. I will look at the price and the item and I will go for cheaper alternatives like H & M or Gap.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc

j/k

For me, the biggest "WTF" brand ever would have to be Steve Madden...i just don't get it. Is there really a demographic in society that finds this kind of stuff, this EXACT kind of stuff appealing?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
beasty, FtB... I'm with you and will never understand.

As beasty said, if there is something I want but not enough to search for/pay for a high-quality alternative, then H&M, Zara, etc. fit the bill just fine. That's one thing I really like about Uniqlo in Japan; simply, no nonsense basics of very fair/decent quality at very good prices. Their solid color "premium cotton" tees for 1500 yen (about $14) and plain, no-logo zip track jackets for 2500 yen (about $23) are wonderful and I wear them all the time when I dont need to dress more formally. I probably have picked up twenty of the shirts and 5 of the jackets, by now...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 84 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 139 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%