1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rash from belt buckles?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kdh, Jun 28, 2005.

1. kdh

kdh Active Member

Anybody get this?  A friend said I probably have an allergy to nickel.  I wear cheap belts, so I can see this being the case, but does anyone know if the more expensive/quality belts use nickel?

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Nickel allergy is real. Those folks usually have to watch out for nickel-plated piercings too. Maybe you should Google up a real way to test yourself. My sympathies to you. Good thing I'm invincible. [​IMG] Most silver-looking buckles are nickel-plated unless you get true sterling silver but you can always go for brass buckles. I personally think that silver-color is much more versatile though.

3. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

Allergies to nickel or chrome are very common. You might have to start tucking in your shirts. [​IMG]

4. kdh

kdh Active Member

I think I'll put some kind of clear tape along the top edge of my buckles.

5. stache

stache Senior member

Tape or clear varnish. Silver belt buckles are not too expensive.