1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rare NEW REPUBLIC Oilcloth Jacket Dk. Green Sz. M Make offer

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by rach2jlc, May 16, 2006.

1. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I have a NEW REPUBLIC CLOTHIERS of New York, Thomas Oatman, oilcloth cotton jacket for sale. This brand was quite popular several years ago but has since gone out of business (I believe). In any case, they made really interesting vintage type items, and this jacket it no exception. It is dark green cotton oilcloth with snap button closure and 2 chest pockets. Also two slash pockets on the side. Jacket has lightweight inner lining. I really love the jacket, but haven't worn it much, and need to clear some thing out before moving. It has a nice, comfortable, and surprisingly slim cut.

Size Medium, with measurements of:
    shoulder-shoulder: 18 inches
    Chest: 38 inches
    Sleeve: 24 inches from shoulder seam to cuff
    Length (collar to hem): 30 inches

I purchased it several years ago in Japan, but have worn it VERY infrequently. It is in almost perfect shape with no stains, tears, etc. I have no idea how much these ran in the States, but the cost was very high in Japan (I'm thinking almost 40,000 yen or $375 or thereabouts). So, I don't know what a fair price would be to ask on it, so if you are interested, please make me an offer on what you think is fair. I will include shipping for free on the best offer (please note: an offer $25 shipped is not going to make it) and keep in mind that it is in perfect shape. Please pm me if interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. raley

raley Senior Member

What is the weight of the material like? Is it heavy for the winter or light for the fall?

3. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Nice jacket. Not my size.

That jacket was most likely made in a factory on West 38th St in NYC. The same factory used to make samples for POLO. POLO's sample runs were bigger then some of New Republics total production!

4. mack11211

mack11211 Distinguished Member

Alas! The medium is a Japanese medium, more like a US small or extra small. I love the styling but it is far too small for me.

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Yes, it is a Japanese medium... more like a US Small or a Medium from some Euro designers (I'm a small in most American sizes, but a medium in brands like Jil Sander or Prada).

As for the weight, it is lighter weight for fall and early spring. It is lined, but it certainly would not keep out a cold winter.

Thanks for your interest,
    John