• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rare Adidas Denim Jacket from the 90s - any info?

Emerson Youtsey

Reaction score
What's up fellas,

I own a vintage Adidas denim jacket that I can find very little useful information on. I've been researching the piece, scouring the internet, in the hopes of learning more about it, but my efforts have hardly been met with reward. Its rarity was not as apparent to me when I originally bought it, and only became relevant as of late, as I'm looking to resell for a fair and reasonable price. Follow this link for some pictures of the jacket (not my own):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-Early-1980s-Adidas-Jean-Bomber-Jacket-Womens-XXXL/182574250417?hash=item2a8245f9b1:g:NMcAAOSw~AVYoOiX

By the way, I'm pretty sure that it's technically a women's jacket in light of the zipper being placed on the opposite side of the front closure, but given that its hidden under the wind flap and no one really looks at what side your zipper is on anyways (one should never stand so close), it makes no real difference.

I've found three others selling on eBay for between $114 and $155, and one on Etsy selling for $218 (not sure where they pulled that number from, but maybe they know something these other lads don't). I've gathered from the sparse descriptions and listing names that its likely from the 1980s or early 90s, but I was wondering if anyone had any more concrete, official archival information on the garment. Anything would help. It seems like Adidas has scrubbed the internet of anything related to their past dabblings in denim... must have been an odd era.

Thank you in advance for your knowledge ;)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's