• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raqg & Bone for $120 - good deal?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A local streetwear shop has Rag & Bones for $120 or $125, down from $245. Is this a good deal?

The Model was 1890 or something - I believe they were raw, non-selvage, and straight leg or perhaps a slight boot cut.

They were nice looking jeans - great denim with a nice dark coloration - but I didn't have time to try them on.

Is this an outrageously good deal?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like a good deal. Do they have anything in size 30? Do you mind shopping for a fellow SFer?
smile.gif

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
isn't all R&B always above 200? you got a good deal going there. is that the only model available?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's an excellent deal - the same could have been had from DB but on the condition that you purchased a pair of jeans, full price.
wink.gif

Not familiar with the model though.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had two pairs in 30, a few in 32, and possibly 34 or 36 as well (didn't check).

If I normally take a 30-31 waist in jeans, what size should I go for in the R&Bs, assuming I know nothing about raw denim and shrinkage?

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
wow half off! anything else there? looks like mostly american brands? 5EP and stuff?

and i do believe r&bs are all like minimal shrinkage and stretch-age kind of jeans, true to size et al. wait for Brian SD to pop by for the final word.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tweedlesinpink
wow half off! anything else there? looks like mostly american brands? 5EP and stuff? and i do believe r&bs are all like minimal shrinkage and stretch-age kind of jeans, true to size et al. wait for Brian SD to pop by for the final word.
I'll go back today as I was pressed for time. They had a ton of Meltin' Pots, some PDC...but mostly brands that don't have a lot of respect on this forum - Notify, Diesel, Seven, Evisu, JL, Loomstate, etc. They did have a ton of modern amusement stuff - sweaters, shirts, jackets - that looked pretty sweet. I also got to check out some of the Rogues Gallery stuff - nice, but not at all on sale.

Brian SD

Reaction score
The model was 1890? That sounds like Kicking Mule, not Rag&Bone. Rag&Bone jeans always have RB(number)

If I were you, I'd wear 30s in R&B.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
The model was 1890? That sounds like Kicking Mule, not Rag&Bone. Rag&Bone jeans always have RB(number)

If I were you, I'd wear 30s in R&B.

Maybe it wasn't the model number, but the store code or something. I only had a minute to browse so I couldn't get the details. I'm heading back there in a bit to try them on.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brian SD

Reaction score
Does look very nice! My only warning is not to expect them to fade like Nudies, APCs, Eternals, or whatever. They just don't. They do develop a nice color, but it's not contrasty at all.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
versaceman where is this store?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads