1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Raqg & Bone for $120 - good deal?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by VMan, Jun 29, 2006.

1. VMan

VMan Senior member

A local streetwear shop has Rag & Bones for $120 or $125, down from $245. Is this a good deal?

The Model was 1890 or something - I believe they were raw, non-selvage, and straight leg or perhaps a slight boot cut.

They were nice looking jeans - great denim with a nice dark coloration - but I didn't have time to try them on.

Is this an outrageously good deal?

2. DNW

DNW Senior member

Yeah, sounds like a good deal. Do they have anything in size 30? Do you mind shopping for a fellow SFer? [​IMG]

3. thisisme

thisisme Senior member

4. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

isn't all R&B always above 200? you got a good deal going there. is that the only model available?

5. kronik

kronik Senior member

It's an excellent deal - the same could have been had from DB but on the condition that you purchased a pair of jeans, full price. [​IMG]

Not familiar with the model though.

6. VMan

VMan Senior member

They had two pairs in 30, a few in 32, and possibly 34 or 36 as well (didn't check).

If I normally take a 30-31 waist in jeans, what size should I go for in the R&Bs, assuming I know nothing about raw denim and shrinkage?

7. VMan

VMan Senior member

isn't all R&B always above 200? you got a good deal going there. is that the only model available?

Yeah, only model.

They have a ton of pairs of Notify, $260 down to $130, if you're interested. [​IMG]

8. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Senior member

wow half off! anything else there? looks like mostly american brands? 5EP and stuff?

and i do believe r&bs are all like minimal shrinkage and stretch-age kind of jeans, true to size et al. wait for Brian SD to pop by for the final word.

9. VMan

VMan Senior member

wow half off! anything else there? looks like mostly american brands? 5EP and stuff? and i do believe r&bs are all like minimal shrinkage and stretch-age kind of jeans, true to size et al. wait for Brian SD to pop by for the final word.
    I'll go back today as I was pressed for time. They had a ton of Meltin' Pots, some PDC...but mostly brands that don't have a lot of respect on this forum - Notify, Diesel, Seven, Evisu, JL, Loomstate, etc. They did have a ton of modern amusement stuff - sweaters, shirts, jackets - that looked pretty sweet. I also got to check out some of the Rogues Gallery stuff - nice, but not at all on sale.

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

The model was 1890? That sounds like Kicking Mule, not Rag&Bone. Rag&Bone jeans always have RB(number)

If I were you, I'd wear 30s in R&B.

11. VMan

VMan Senior member

The model was 1890? That sounds like Kicking Mule, not Rag&Bone. Rag&Bone jeans always have RB(number)

Maybe it wasn't the model number, but the store code or something. I only had a minute to browse so I couldn't get the details. I'm heading back there in a bit to try them on.

12. Dill

Dill Senior member

There is an 1890 too: http://bbstokyo.com/?pid=1087165

13. DNW

DNW Senior member

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Does look very nice! My only warning is not to expect them to fade like Nudies, APCs, Eternals, or whatever. They just don't. They do develop a nice color, but it's not contrasty at all.

15. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

versaceman where is this store?

16. denimaddict

denimaddict Senior member

17. VMan

VMan Senior member

There is an 1890 too: http://bbstokyo.com/?pid=1087165

Yes, that was the pair.

They had another pair I noticed today, which was a prototype/sample that never went to picture, or so the owner said. It didn't have any usual RB numbers that I recognized.

On the 1890s, I did not like the suspender buttons on the outside of the waistband in place of belt loops.

Also, next to the pockets are slits which go directly to the leg/crotch area of the pants, and button close. I don't know why you'd need an easy access slit to the crotch, but perhaps it's not that bad of an idea. [​IMG]

18. VMan

VMan Senior member

Those 1890s look a lot like these, don't they?

http://www.activeendeavors.com/produ...&pfid=AED12030

Yes, that is the identical pair:

19. VMan

VMan Senior member

versaceman where is this store?

Milwaukee.