• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

rant: used jeans.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
2,411
Reaction score
5
So I bought a pair of APC rescues off the bay recently. The guy wore them for just a month or two and washed them once. I guess I didnt know what to expect. There is very little fading/contrast (good) but now the jeans seem to have no character at all (bad).

The sheen is gone and the denim seems very thin and soft. The color looks like...well, just solid blue. I know, I know, the more I wear them the better the fadez will be but there is nothing really special about these jeans that would make me want to wear them with the heavy starch shine missing. I have a pair of Nudies that I love the darker color and contrasts on.

I think I just expected too much, but Im kind of disappointed with just "regular" blue jeans. Blue seems so...farmer like. I feel like brett favre in a wrangler commercial. I am convinced now more than ever that I will never wash a pair of raw jeans if they are indigo. Or just wear black.

/rant
 

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
1,850
Reaction score
12
Yea what are you talking about? I have a couple pairs of nice denim and people still cant tell just by looking the difference between my Nudies/Corpus and express jeans.
 

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
7,219
Reaction score
33
PCs go limp after the first wash. This is one of the reasons people wait so long to wash them.

Almost no other denim-geek jeans are like this, but APCs are.
 

zubin

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
shouldve saved up for brand new apc's buying worn and washed raw denim is the dumbest thing, imo. The whole point of raw denim is that the jeans conform to your body and whiskers develop naturally. I dont know what you were expecting. Fail
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Yea what are you talking about? I have a couple pairs of nice denim and I still cant tell just by looking the difference between my Nudes/Corpus and express jeans.
so what nice pairs do you have?
 

onion

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
3,063
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Yea what are you talking about? I have a couple pairs of nice denim and I still cant tell just by looking the difference between my Nudes/Corpus and express jeans.
If you can't tell a difference between 'nice denim' and Express jeans, why would you ever buy 'nice denim' in the first place? Personally, I notice huge differences, this is why I only buy high end denim. If I didn't see any difference though, I would buy all cheap jeans. I mean, if they look alike (at least to the owner) why would someone fork over 4 or 5 times the amount of cash as cheap jeans for the same thing?
Originally Posted by zubin
shouldve saved up for brand new apc's buying worn and washed raw denim is the dumbest thing, imo. The whole point of raw denim is that the jeans conform to your body and whiskers develop naturally. I dont know what you were expecting. Fail
Agreed completely.
 

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
2,729
Reaction score
41
yeah all my demin is nice and I can def. see a huge differences in em.

OP:
How much did you paid for the apc? jw..
 

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
2,411
Reaction score
5
Originally Posted by Warren G.
yeah all my demin is nice and I can def. see a huge differences in em.

OP:
How much did you paid for the apc? jw..


It was probably around $70-$75 shipped. I have seen brand new APC's and like the darker color and stiffness of those. But once washed they seem just...plain.

These were barely used, no fades at all on them, so now they just look like regular jeans. I think the guy probably didnt know what was going on and washed them immediately. I knew what I was getting in to buying them used, but I had no idea they would turn out to look like walmart wranglers.
 

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
1,850
Reaction score
12
Originally Posted by onion
If you can't tell a difference between 'nice denim' and Express jeans, why would you ever buy 'nice denim' in the first place?

Personally, I notice huge differences, this is why I only buy high end denim. If I didn't see any difference though, I would buy all cheap jeans. I mean, if they look alike (at least to the owner) why would someone fork over 4 or 5 times the amount of cash as cheap jeans for the same thing?



Agreed completely.


Sorry, what I meant was most people cant tell, not me, my bad.

Also they shouldnt turn out like that after one wash...im going to hot soak my nudies to shrink them a bit. Jeans really should be ok after one wash right?
 

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
1,850
Reaction score
12
Originally Posted by zubin
shouldve saved up for brand new apc's buying worn and washed raw denim is the dumbest thing, imo. The whole point of raw denim is that the jeans conform to your body and whiskers develop naturally. I dont know what you were expecting. Fail so what nice pairs do you have?
Im sorry if your too rich to say corpus and nudies are a nice pair of jeans.
 

zubin

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Some people have jobs.

Even in my younger days, i never bought cheap shit. If i wanted something, i'd know to save for it. What's the point in buying something thats decent for 150 when you can have something very well made for 250-300? If i was gonna already spend 150, might as well spend a lilttle more to get quality. Just how i view things.

edit: and nice clothing doesn't really have anything to do with price. Corpus and nudie arent particularly "nice" jeans
 

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
2,411
Reaction score
5
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Also they shouldnt turn out like that after one wash...im going to hot soak my nudies to shrink them a bit. Jeans really should be ok after one wash right?

My understanding was that jeans lose their starch feel after one wash, regardless of the brand. However, I guess what Im saying is, since these jeans didnt have any fades on them at all before the wash they just look dumb now. I expected them to not be like brand new jeans but I didnt expect them to be like how they are.

With that said... should I try and wear these puppies and get some character to them or just put them back up on ebay and mark it as a lesson learned?
 

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Joined
Feb 20, 2007
Messages
14,670
Reaction score
1,905
Just wear them. Once they get creased, they'll look better. They're still just APC's though.
 

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
1,850
Reaction score
12
Originally Posted by zubin
Some people have jobs.

Even in my younger days, i never bought cheap shit. If i wanted something, i'd know to save for it. What's the point in buying something thats decent for 150 when you can have something very well made for 250-300? If i was gonna already spend 150, might as well spend a lilttle more to get quality. Just how i view things.

edit: and nice clothing doesn't really have anything to do with price. Corpus and nudie arent particularly "nice" jeans


Some people are in college.

150$ for a pair of jeans is hardly cheap. If a couple of more member would pile on with him and convince me that nudies aren't "nice", Ill concede and look into this, but I think they are a fairly pair of nice, standard jeans.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 27 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 257 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 124 15.8%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 69 8.8%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 47 6.0%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 23 2.9%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 21 2.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.2%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 8 1.0%
  • 100+

    Votes: 50 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
428,798
Messages
9,224,103
Members
193,622
Latest member
rbsocizo
Top