• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rant: My tailor is a douche that can do no wrong

Monaco

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2010
Messages
803
Reaction score
18
So I brought him a pair of jeans to slim down a bit and when I went in to get it today, I noticed the fit was a bit odd, I took it off and looked at it and the symmetry of the jeans was off.

I calmly asked him why it was like that and he just started raising his voice at me. In fact, every time in the past when I questioned his work, he would say that is just how it is and I trusted him but not this time. Jeans should not be tailored this way and his excuse was, "that is just how jeans are, I have no control".

Seriously? I felt so belittled, I didn't want to get into it with him because there is somewhat of a language barrier and I'm not the type to cause a scene, he obviously wasn't admitting fault so there was no further point of me being there. I paid my money and left.

The job of the last pair of jeans was good, don't know how there could be such a big difference but..whatever, he lost a customer and referrals.

Local tailors are pretty rare where I live so I guess I'll have to start traveling farther for good and honest work.

Anybody else get this?
 

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2010
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
84
You should have bitch slapped dat ass.
 

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
19,771
Reaction score
2,702
Originally Posted by Monaco
So I brought him a pair of jeans to slim down a bit and when I went in to get it today, I noticed the fit was a bit odd, I took it off and looked at it and the symmetry of the jeans was off.

I calmly asked him why it was like that and he just started raising his voice at me. In fact, every time in the past when I questioned his work, he would say that is just how it is and I trusted him but not this time. Jeans should not be tailored this way and his excuse was, "that is just how jeans are, I have no control".

Seriously? I felt so belittled, I didn't want to get into it with him because there is somewhat of a language barrier and I'm not the type to cause a scene, he obviously wasn't admitting fault so there was no further point of me being there. I paid my money and left.

The job of the last pair of jeans was good, don't know how there could be such a big difference but..whatever, he lost a customer and referrals.

Local tailors are pretty rare where I live so I guess I'll have to start traveling farther for good and honest work.

Anybody else get this?


Your bad for sticking with him!!! And your bad for paying!!
 

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
2,684
Reaction score
278
You shouldnt have paid, you could have walked out with the jeans.
 

Monaco

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2010
Messages
803
Reaction score
18
Originally Posted by clarksdb
You shouldnt have paid, you could have walked out with the jeans.

It didn't cross my mind but now that you guys mentioned it...
 

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
19,771
Reaction score
2,702
A good tailor is more important to a man than a good doctor....Find a GOOD one!
 

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
2,684
Reaction score
278
Originally Posted by Monaco
It didn't cross my mind but now that you guys mentioned it...

Yeah it happens, don't worry. Hope they weren't some high end jeans.
 

Monaco

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2010
Messages
803
Reaction score
18
Originally Posted by clarksdb
Yeah it happens, don't worry. Hope they weren't some high end jeans.

Diesel.

Originally Posted by Factor Xll
post a pic and let us see the jeans in question?

I will try to get that to you guys later.
 

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
19,771
Reaction score
2,702
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
The point of this treak is ?

To rant and ask if this happens to anyone else.
Pls re-read...
 

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Feb 13, 2008
Messages
8,627
Reaction score
119
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
The point of this treak is ?
My amusement.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 16 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 80 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 153 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 78 16.6%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 40 8.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 28 6.0%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 16 3.4%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 9 1.9%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 2.8%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 100+

    Votes: 28 6.0%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,559
Messages
9,200,794
Members
193,193
Latest member
Gorak10

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top