• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rant: Modern Burberry is Crap

adrianvo

Reaction score
I didn't mean it as an insult, just a point of fact. The way you dress is very internet dandy. The foulard with the Pitti Uomo jacketing, the mixing of four patterns, and the collar pin. It's not a very masculine look.
Since you claim your own opinion is "just a point of fact", further strengthens my claim about you being on the NPD spectrum.
If your opinion is that elegance is the opposite of masculinity, then I have to say you're awfully misguided.

I love pattern mixing (especially of houndstooth, herringbone, checks, stripes etc.), spearpoint collars (I know I'm not wearing one in my avatar), massive lapels (also not in my avatar), collar bars, and such.
I think it's very masculine, and I think it looks very good. I don't care if you don't.

Your opinion is uninteresting, and your style is probably as well if you're seemingly so scared to experiment with traditional patterns. *yawn*

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Since you claim your own opinion is "just a point of fact", further strengthens my claim about you being on the NPD spectrum.
If your opinion is that elegance is the opposite of masculinity, then I have to say you're awfully misguided.

I love pattern mixing (especially of houndstooth, herringbone, checks, stripes etc.), spearpoint collars (I know I'm not wearing one in my avatar), massive lapels (also not in my avatar), collar bars, and such.
I think it's very masculine, and I think it looks very good. I don't care if you don't.

Your opinion is uninteresting, and your style is probably as well if you're seemingly so scared to experiment with traditional patterns. *yawn*

Your outfit isn't elegant though? It just looks like a 2010 menswear blog tackled you.

adrianvo

Reaction score
Your outfit isn't elegant though? It just looks like a 2010 menswear blog tackled you.
I claim that it is elegant, and I've seen a 100% of that outfit in the mirror - against your 20% of it with low resolution on an avatar. I say my claim weighs more.

Obligatory "current year"-meme, since that's the second time you've used what year it is as an argument, in less than a few hours.

I should probably remind you that since we're both advocates of classic menswear, the CURRENT YEAR shouldn't be a valid point. Nice try, though.
65533025.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After all the harping on gender issues let’s get back to trench coats that are nicer than Burberry. I’ve had a Brooks Brothers Black Fleece for over a decade now and love it. Super thick DB Inspector Clouseau-grade and it’s held up well.

If I ever upgrade I’d like one of these. Preferably the Al modeled after a coat worn by Camus.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I should probably remind you that since we're both advocates of classic menswear, the CURRENT YEAR shouldn't be a valid point.

OK, I know we had our disagreements, but calling me an "advocate of classic menswear" is very hurtful.

Reaction score
I think the term “twink” is what was being alluded to. The overall point probably could have been made without reference to ones sexual orientation. It’s not as though this is the first time someone has gone on a rant about Burberry. Makes me wonder why he even wandered into the boutique, assuming he even did so.
What’s a twink?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of low level drug dealers? Hey, no judgement. If they keep their nose clean & mouth shut they can probably afford a decent suit after a couple years.
You're assuming who's a drug dealer and who isn't. And what's considered low or high level within that space? You ain't about that life.

What's funny is how the internet got people saying things they would never dare to a real person......

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What’s a twink?

A young gay male.

The OP's comment is unnecessary, but unfortunately, the sentiment is not uncommon.

Classic menswear is fundamentally sartorial.

Classic menswear is great. The internet culture around it is not. Guys who talk about being advocates for classic menswear, sartorialism, and elegance are more about the internet culture, more often than not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads