• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ransom Holding Co.

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce a brand to the forum that i think some of you will really enjoy. Ransom Holding Co is a Canadian brand that has a pretty solid following up North here, but as of yet hasn't seen a ton of US/ International coverage.

The line is definitely workwear inspired, but is extremely wearable. The cuts are all slim and the shirts from their spring line in particular fit spot on (very slim, but longer in the body/sleeves than BoO). The quality isn't exactly Engineered Garments, but it is great for the price point.

Ransom has recently teamed up with Adidas for a collection of footwear that i think will be well received on SF. They are dropping a hiking boot inspired model, a Red Wingish design, and a couple leather/ canvas sneakers that are looking super clean. The whole line of shoes is devoid of branding besides a small tongue patch. I'll try to find some promo shots of the shoes, but in the meantime here are a couple shots from the Ransom Spring 09 lookbook. The khaki trench and the blue fishtail parka are my favorites.

look8b.jpg

RNSM+SP5.jpg

RNSM+SP6.jpg

RNSM+SP4.jpg

ace975d79f59ef207eadb87d37c5129c-aa205a3ba5d41651ed63072911965911.jpeg

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
for anybody interested in this brand, I checked it out in-store today and for the price, it really can't be beat. the khaki trench was only around $100 USD. construction seemed pretty solid and the design looked great.

Becks23

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ethanlee29
their fall line is usually worth checking out. some similarities to wings+horns
...funny you mention W+H. I hope quality has improved. I got some stuff from last summer and after a few washes its unwearable.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple of these shirts while on vacation. The shirts fit great and looked great, but I had some problems with them. I washed one shirt in the washing machine and when I took it out the blue shirt had orange spots around the inside of the collar and sleeves
confused.gif
Making it unwearable. I hand washed the second shirt and it sill came out with some very small colour spots, but they were in the inside of the collar. The second shirt is still wearable I just don't feel comfortable in it.
The fit pics for this season look good though
blush.gif

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
It's interesting to hear that some of you have had quality issues. My experience with the line only extends to the last two collections, but we have had zero complaints in store. I have a few friends with the Oxford shirt from last season and they get regular wear and are actualy looking great worn in. Obviously your results may very, but at about $80 USD i'd be hard pressed to find a better constructed and fitting shirt.

Obviously the W+H comparison is not fair; we are talking about two completely different price points and target markets. That being said the lines do share some similarities aesthetically.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
I bought a couple of these shirts while on vacation. The shirts fit great and looked great, but I had some problems with them. I washed one shirt in the washing machine and when I took it out the blue shirt had orange spots around the inside of the collar and sleeves
confused.gif
Making it unwearable. I hand washed the second shirt and it sill came out with some very small colour spots, but they were in the inside of the collar. The second shirt is still wearable I just don't feel comfortable in it.
The fit pics for this season look good though
blush.gif

the spots could be from leftover detergeant/bleach...

Becks23

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy_4HM
It's interesting to hear that some of you have had quality issues. My experience with the line only extends to the last two collections, but we have had zero complaints in store. I have a few friends with the Oxford shirt from last season and they get regular wear and are actualy looking great worn in. Obviously your results may very, but at about $80 USD i'd be hard pressed to find a better constructed and fitting shirt.

Obviously the W+H comparison is not fair; we are talking about two completely different price points and target markets. That being said the lines do share some similarities aesthetically.

No I mean cause there is beef between the two cause of tiger fleece hoodies from within the last few collections that are pretty much straight rips.

wttm

Reaction score
Stuff are always solid, but design always seem to be inpired by NDG 1.5-2 seasons ago.

decorum

Reaction score
pretty nice stuff.

would you happen to know where i could get a better look at those the "valley" shoes?

kinda have a shoe fetish for sneaker collabs! lol

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was possible too, but I washed the second shirt with just water and it still came out with spots.

Originally Posted by constant struggle
the spots could be from leftover detergeant/bleach...

ethanlee29

Reaction score
Originally Posted by decorum
pretty nice stuff.

would you happen to know where i could get a better look at those the "valley" shoes?

kinda have a shoe fetish for sneaker collabs! lol

ransom-adidas-originals-preview-2.jpg

ransom-adidas-originals-preview-3.jpg

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Becks23
...funny you mention W+H. I hope quality has improved. I got some stuff from last summer and after a few washes its unwearable.
I won't buy **** from them ever again for this very reason. I HATE when people claim their clothes just fall apart because even with mall brands this isn't common wothout user error, but I had not one but TWO W+H pieces go to total **** on me in under one season. I have toilet paper I'd say was more resilient. Just seeing the name all over the forum annoys me. When those damn Dayton service boots were cropping up in every thread I thought I was going to punch someone. CoOp was awesome and took back the POS sweater or I would have probably sent a nailbomb to those assbags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads