1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

random thought

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by element02, Aug 3, 2006.

1. element02

element02 Senior Member

has anyone ever watched a video from the 70's or 80's and noticed people wearing selvage denim? i was just watching an old aztec camera video (oblivious) and noticed it for the first time.

2. dimshum

dimshum Senior Member

It's funny that you mention that, because just the other day, I was watching Swingers for the 129381209th time, and noticed that the character Sue wears selvage denim with what I think were chelsea boots; I'm not positive about the latter though.

3. The Grapist

The Grapist Senior Member

has anyone ever watched a video from the 70's or 80's and noticed people wearing selvage denim? i was just watching an old aztec camera video (oblivious) and noticed it for the first time.

You really wouldn't be able to tell unless the jeans are cuffed a la Brando in the '50s.

4. element02

element02 Senior Member

they were rolled up in the aztec camera video. i haven't noticed it in any movies yet. brando was the shit... big time cuffs. i'm glad people are still keeping that alive.

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

It's funny that you mention that, because just the other day, I was watching Swingers for the 129381209th time, and noticed that the character Sue wears selvage denim with what I think were chelsea boots; I'm not positive about the latter though.

I wouldnt be surprised since Sue was supposed to be a "rockabilly guy" and before the selvage craze of the past couple years where it's now a household word, RABs were pretty much the only ones that specifically sought out selvage Levis as everyday wear, esp in the late 90s when Swingers came out.