• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

random thought

element02

Reaction score
has anyone ever watched a video from the 70's or 80's and noticed people wearing selvage denim? i was just watching an old aztec camera video (oblivious) and noticed it for the first time.

dimshum

Reaction score
It's funny that you mention that, because just the other day, I was watching Swingers for the 129381209th time, and noticed that the character Sue wears selvage denim with what I think were chelsea boots; I'm not positive about the latter though.

The Grapist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by element02
has anyone ever watched a video from the 70's or 80's and noticed people wearing selvage denim? i was just watching an old aztec camera video (oblivious) and noticed it for the first time.

You really wouldn't be able to tell unless the jeans are cuffed a la Brando in the '50s.

element02

Reaction score
they were rolled up in the aztec camera video. i haven't noticed it in any movies yet. brando was the shit... big time cuffs. i'm glad people are still keeping that alive.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dimshum
It's funny that you mention that, because just the other day, I was watching Swingers for the 129381209th time, and noticed that the character Sue wears selvage denim with what I think were chelsea boots; I'm not positive about the latter though.

I wouldnt be surprised since Sue was supposed to be a "rockabilly guy" and before the selvage craze of the past couple years where it's now a household word, RABs were pretty much the only ones that specifically sought out selvage Levis as everyday wear, esp in the late 90s when Swingers came out.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.