• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random things found in the pockets of thrifted clothing.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to bump this thread and hopefully find more stuff to keep this thread alive.

Back in early December, I was at a Goodwill and saw some fresh racks come out. On 1 of the fresh racks there was a vintage Wrangler western style shirt. I wasn't interested in purchasing, but just looked at it for a second and felt something in the pocket:

20191205_105302-jpg.1293506

Couple bags of weed (I live in a state where its legal). Discreetly informed an employee and gave em the shirt to take in back to their manager. I believe they have protocol for things like that.
This bud's for you!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found money in a Timbuk2 bag... Only two Euro cents, but hey, something needs to keep this thread going. Maybe I’ll bring it to Europe this summer and get it back into circulation.

71976AEF-9480-4211-B34B-EBFD50802D17.jpeg

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A .45 bullet - no pic unfortunately. It had actually slipped through a hole in the pocket and was in the lining of the jacket

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My best find ever was $546 in cash in a thrifted sport coat pocket.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread with a find from yesterday..

Was at a store sorting through sport coats when I started to see a lot of the same style and brand of jacket... Mostly Banana Republic with some J.crew. Casual cotton sport coats, patterned sport coats, etc.. about 15+ of them. Moving into outerwear I started to see the same trend - tons of Banana Republic coats and jackets along with some other mid-tier things. All around the same size, but the age of all the pieces was pretty widespread - Some current, some a few years old, some vintage. About 30+ outerwear pieces.

It's like the guy went into Banana Republic 1x a year and bought 1 of every new jacket. His taste in styles and patterns was pretty good. Then at some point I was looking through some overcoats and noticed a bulge in the pocket, which was buttoned shut. I opened the flap and peered inside, hoping to find some valuable electronic item or a wad of cash.

I'm really glad that I didn't blindly reach in and touch the contents:
20201017_173001.jpg

I'm not going to show the business end of it... but yeah that's a combination buttplug/cockring. There was also a box of condoms, a blister pack of some kind of stimulant pill and lastly an used tube of lubricant.

At this point I felt pretty grossed out, and also again I was really glad that I didn't touch any of it. I then discreetly told / showed an employee the "adult items" in the pocket and they promptly removed it from the sales floor. A minute later they emerged from the back room with a supervisor and they both began going through all the jackets, checking the pockets. They thanked me for notifying them.

I was left wondering why and how those items were all contained within a jacket pocket...

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread with a find from yesterday..

Was at a store sorting through sport coats when I started to see a lot of the same style and brand of jacket... Mostly Banana Republic with some J.crew. Casual cotton sport coats, patterned sport coats, etc.. about 15+ of them. Moving into outerwear I started to see the same trend - tons of Banana Republic coats and jackets along with some other mid-tier things. All around the same size, but the age of all the pieces was pretty widespread - Some current, some a few years old, some vintage. About 30+ outerwear pieces.

It's like the guy went into Banana Republic 1x a year and bought 1 of every new jacket. His taste in styles and patterns was pretty good. Then at some point I was looking through some overcoats and noticed a bulge in the pocket, which was buttoned shut. I opened the flap and peered inside, hoping to find some valuable electronic item or a wad of cash.

I'm really glad that I didn't blindly reach in and touch the contents:
View attachment 1479348

I'm not going to show the business end of it... but yeah that's a combination buttplug/cockring. There was also a box of condoms, a blister pack of some kind of stimulant pill and lastly an used tube of lubricant.

At this point I felt pretty grossed out, and also again I was really glad that I didn't touch any of it. I then discreetly told / showed an employee the "adult items" in the pocket and they promptly removed it from the sales floor. A minute later they emerged from the back room with a supervisor and they both began going through all the jackets, checking the pockets. They thanked me for notifying them.

I was left wondering why and how those items were all contained within a jacket pocket...

might need that jacket back thanks

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-posted from the thrift thread

Google says oxycodone and acetaminophen.
img_0304-jpg.1509903

Found in the ticket pocket of these

img_0302-jpg.1509904

img_0296-jpg.1509905

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought an antique sideboard at a flea market for $40; I helped him lug it into his house. A few days later he removed the drawers to begin cleaning it up. Bundles of cash totalling $30,000 US tumbled out.

I hope you charged by the hour!

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was at a store the other day going through sport coats and felt something in a pocket:

1.JPG

Oh someone left some CD's in their pocket.. let's just turn these over and see what their taste in music was..

1-3.JPG

(yeah i tried to blur out the bad stuff)
ruinedmahday.jpg

Bet some guy's wife unknowingly donated his stash.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was at a store the other day going through sport coats and felt something in a pocket:

View attachment 1657530

Oh someone left some CD's in their pocket.. let's just turn these over and see what their taste in music was..

View attachment 1657533
(yeah i tried to blur out the bad stuff)
View attachment 1657534

Bet some guy's wife unknowingly donated his stash.

Dante Hicks:
Hey, whatcha rent?

Dante Hicks:
"Best of Both Worlds"?

Randal Graves:
Hermaphroditic Appreciation. Starlets with both organs. You should see the box. Beautiful chicks with d*cks that put mine to shame.

Dante Hicks:
And you rented this?

Randal Graves:
Hey, I like to expand my horizons.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a while and I've found interesting things here and there, but this was worth posting..

Was folding up a vintage synchilla fleece when I felt something in the pocket:

20220413_230915.jpg

At this point I realized it was currency and was hoping it was Euros or at least Canadian..

20220413_230921.jpg

20220413_232917.jpg

Alas... 4000 Italian Lire. About $2.25 worth just before it was declared no longer legal tender in 2002.

Definitely interesting and I'm glad I found it, but I got giddy at first only to have my dreams smashed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads