• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random things found in the pockets of thrifted clothing.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to bump this thread and hopefully find more stuff to keep this thread alive.

Back in early December, I was at a Goodwill and saw some fresh racks come out. On 1 of the fresh racks there was a vintage Wrangler western style shirt. I wasn't interested in purchasing, but just looked at it for a second and felt something in the pocket:

Couple bags of weed (I live in a state where its legal). Discreetly informed an employee and gave em the shirt to take in back to their manager. I believe they have protocol for things like that.
This bud's for you!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found money in a Timbuk2 bag... Only two Euro cents, but hey, something needs to keep this thread going. Maybe I’ll bring it to Europe this summer and get it back into circulation.

71976AEF-9480-4211-B34B-EBFD50802D17.jpeg

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A .45 bullet - no pic unfortunately. It had actually slipped through a hole in the pocket and was in the lining of the jacket

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My best find ever was $546 in cash in a thrifted sport coat pocket.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread with a find from yesterday..

Was at a store sorting through sport coats when I started to see a lot of the same style and brand of jacket... Mostly Banana Republic with some J.crew. Casual cotton sport coats, patterned sport coats, etc.. about 15+ of them. Moving into outerwear I started to see the same trend - tons of Banana Republic coats and jackets along with some other mid-tier things. All around the same size, but the age of all the pieces was pretty widespread - Some current, some a few years old, some vintage. About 30+ outerwear pieces.

It's like the guy went into Banana Republic 1x a year and bought 1 of every new jacket. His taste in styles and patterns was pretty good. Then at some point I was looking through some overcoats and noticed a bulge in the pocket, which was buttoned shut. I opened the flap and peered inside, hoping to find some valuable electronic item or a wad of cash.

I'm really glad that I didn't blindly reach in and touch the contents:
20201017_173001.jpg

I'm not going to show the business end of it... but yeah that's a combination buttplug/cockring. There was also a box of condoms, a blister pack of some kind of stimulant pill and lastly an used tube of lubricant.

At this point I felt pretty grossed out, and also again I was really glad that I didn't touch any of it. I then discreetly told / showed an employee the "adult items" in the pocket and they promptly removed it from the sales floor. A minute later they emerged from the back room with a supervisor and they both began going through all the jackets, checking the pockets. They thanked me for notifying them.

I was left wondering why and how those items were all contained within a jacket pocket...

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread with a find from yesterday..

Was at a store sorting through sport coats when I started to see a lot of the same style and brand of jacket... Mostly Banana Republic with some J.crew. Casual cotton sport coats, patterned sport coats, etc.. about 15+ of them. Moving into outerwear I started to see the same trend - tons of Banana Republic coats and jackets along with some other mid-tier things. All around the same size, but the age of all the pieces was pretty widespread - Some current, some a few years old, some vintage. About 30+ outerwear pieces.

It's like the guy went into Banana Republic 1x a year and bought 1 of every new jacket. His taste in styles and patterns was pretty good. Then at some point I was looking through some overcoats and noticed a bulge in the pocket, which was buttoned shut. I opened the flap and peered inside, hoping to find some valuable electronic item or a wad of cash.

I'm really glad that I didn't blindly reach in and touch the contents:
View attachment 1479348

I'm not going to show the business end of it... but yeah that's a combination buttplug/cockring. There was also a box of condoms, a blister pack of some kind of stimulant pill and lastly an used tube of lubricant.

At this point I felt pretty grossed out, and also again I was really glad that I didn't touch any of it. I then discreetly told / showed an employee the "adult items" in the pocket and they promptly removed it from the sales floor. A minute later they emerged from the back room with a supervisor and they both began going through all the jackets, checking the pockets. They thanked me for notifying them.

I was left wondering why and how those items were all contained within a jacket pocket...
might need that jacket back thanks

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami