• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Questions Thread/Stuff You Don't Get

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We have a couple forum-specific "Random Questions" thread, figured we should have one for general queries/what isn't answered in those threads.

I've actually had several but right now the only one I can think of ATM is... Google Plus. Whatever happened to that? Heard a bunch of noise about folks switching over but it was only about 10% of FB people I know. Anyone still using it? will it supplant FB?

Well I signed up for Google +, but wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing with it. Not bothered since. Signed up for Facebook once, but never ended up using it.

I communicate with most of my distant friends using the internet with email, Skype and QQ. I also post pictures onto MobileMe at http://gallery.me.com/gomem ... I use Apple MobileMe because it's one of the few photo hosting sites that's available without having to use a proxy.

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do moths come out at night and then go to the nearest lamp? Why don't they just come out in the day?

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love coffee+kalua+bailey's. Starts every morning off with a buzz.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why do moths come out at night and then go to the nearest lamp? Why don't they just come out in the day?

I'm interested in that one as well.

Here's another bug one. Where do mosquitoes and other bugs go in the winter, do they migrate south like birds?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
May propose this to MC at large but...

I want both a Barbour quilted jacket and a duffel coat. The classic color for both is navy and I want both of those in navy but i don't want two navy coats. WHAT TO DO????

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well I signed up for Google +, but wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing with it. Not bothered since. Signed up for Facebook once, but never ended up using it.

I communicate with most of my distant friends using the internet with email, Skype and QQ. I also post pictures onto MobileMe at http://gallery.me.com/gomem ... I use Apple MobileMe because it's one of the few photo hosting sites that's available without having to use a proxy.

They were talkig about you on FNB...

You do have a few fans there...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

May propose this to MC at large but...

I want both a Barbour quilted jacket and a duffel coat. The classic color for both is navy and I want both of those in navy but i don't want two navy coats. WHAT TO DO????

so there are always, year in and year out, stories of all these technologies that will always change the world (there's an excess of X and it can be turned into fuel cheaply, or this good can filter water for pennies in India, etc). Do any of them ever work out? Why do we keep getting stoked for these if they never deliver in the end

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
am i the only one who ponders things?

You know when you are out with your friends and it is like your friend will get X and it is say $10.50 then you get the next X2 and it is say, $10 or $11 but you call it good? I wonder how much is lost annually due to transactions like that.

acularw

Reaction score

Okay, this has plagued me since '93 or so: Was Seinfeld ever funny? Why did people watch Seinfeld? Were you all just tuned in week after week, just waiting for the joke? I can only imagine millions of households turning off the TV after another episode, saying..."Well, not this week. Maybe next week he'll be funny." How long did that show run, what, 10 years or so? 10 years of week-after-week of "maybe next week it will be funny". WTF was wrong with you people?

Blasphemy.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dropped a deuce and it was red. I had red velvet cake for breakfast, so this makes sense. Now there's no fecal matter left and I'm still getting red. Is this blood?

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think food goes through your system that fast. You probably have hemorrhoids.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 hours?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

okay, here's a puzzler.

I like Bailey's Irish Cream.
I like Coffee
But when I add the two: feh!

Why is this?

why is it that i can no longer find hagen daz baileys irish cream ice cream. was the best ice cream ever and has just disappeared. W.T.F.?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I have to reconsider what makes one a "good driver". I've been in a country where there are ostensibly traffic laws, dudes pretty much go how how fast as they want, go where they want etc. and they don't have accidents. Meanwhile, in the states, accidents aplenty. WTF mang.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads