• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t know how anyone concentrates in a gym. So many grunting douchebros and naked women traipsing about, plus the fear of sneezes, everything touched by a thousand sweaty hands. :uhoh:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I went to the huge 24 hours facility I made an effort to stay away from everyone. Total loner, best time.

Anyone know where I can get a decent barbell and rubber plates online at this time and shipped to me? And rubber mats, only need a few. Still not sure what type of bench to get, maybe just stick with flat.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I move too much to get a home gym. But once I'm more settled, probably be like 12+ years from now with my restless soul, I'm definately building a nice home gym. There's a certain social aspect I like about the gym and also motivation. But yea, it's going to suck going back to the gym. Also that's probably the most likely place I will come into contact with the virus.

Why... tf won't you be "settled" enough for another 12+ years to buy a f*cking squat rack and a barbell+plates? :puzzled:

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate gyms. Crowded smelly places full of show offs and self conscious dorks like me.

Those mace bells do look like fun, but living in an apartment they’re not exactly practical. I can see how you’d feel like a total badass swinging them around!

If you have a ceiling at least 8 feet high (assuming you're not a seven-footer) and a modest amount of floor space, it should be quite possible to perform macebell exercises in an apartment. They really don't require a lot of room to perform.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why... tf won't you be "settled" enough for another 12+ years to buy a f*cking squat rack and a barbell+plates? :puzzled:

I've probably moved 20+ times in the past 3 years. Just out here livin my best life going wherever I feel like it.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well it's taken this situation to realize after 6 years of weightlifting that I actually hate "exercising". I don't have access to a barbell, so been doing P90x type **** or workout with gallon water bottles. I'm just going to stop until I can use a barbell again and powerlift or olympic lift.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hey, bitches. Wrong side of 50, desk jockey, no chemical aids...5x5 benches today with 120% of body weight. Now I know that will be seen as either lying or limp but I'm ******* pleased and I'm the only one I have to please.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was fun. There is a long trail in the park. Since things are shut down I'm going to drive by local malls and a college to see if there is a lot of smooth asphalt/concrete where it might be nice to skate.

S41cG2P.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cardio twice a day is a great way to catch up on emails. been doing 30 mins in am and pm on my elliptical, about 3.5 miles twice

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sports Authority is still open. I picked up some resistance bands. My first impression of them is pretty positive. It's a pretty different workout though. My arms get wobbly with a lot of resistance and I feel a lot of muscles getting strained to just keeping my body stable. I think this will get better over time. I remember watching one video where a bodybuilder tried out all this gymnastics stuff and he was shaking all the time compared to the gymnasts.

Only a few bands were left so I might get more soon. There was not a single kettle bell in sight.

The pushup handles are a worthwhile purchase. My wrists feel much better since getting them, and now I can use them with the resistance bands.

I need to improve my diet. I've been getting takeout too much just to get out of my home. Panera can be healthy but they are out of stock of nearly everything. Places in general seem to use less fresh ingredients too.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cardio twice a day is a great way to catch up on emails. been doing 30 mins in am and pm on my elliptical, about 3.5 miles twice

Dude same. I do have a treadmill in my place that I never used, but I use it 2-3x a day just because I'm getting in about 0 steps around the house.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^I've been doing more band work lately myself. They remind me of the old chest pulls I used as a youngster, but you can vary the resistance of the band just by positioning your hands closer or wider, and you can use them for leg stretches, etc. I've never used bands as enhancers (I guess you'd call them) of barbells or kettlebells.

I just read last night that there is a nationwide kettlebell shortage. Happily, I'm pretty well supplied in that department,

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude same. I do have a treadmill in my place that I never used, but I use it 2-3x a day just because I'm getting in about 0 steps around the house.
yeah I try to pace around the block, walk the dog, etc. lifting about 40 mins now 6 days a week

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I mostly use bands, along with some dumbbells. I've just ordered sets of paralettes and gymnastic rings to add more bodyweight moves. Jan, I've been looking at the website you mentioned and checking out those macebells. Cool stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics