1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Eason

Eason Senior member

Basically I worked on my hamstring and hip flexibility and I concluded that you're supposed to feel uncomfortable as fuck in the pulling position.

1 person likes this.
  2. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

nj/nyc bros: in town aug 29 - sep 2. i'm down to lift/eat/fuck (nohomo) even tho i turned into one of those 5'11" 150lb dyel-modes charly hates. at least it made ohp'ing 0.75x bw for a triple possible

1 person likes this.
  3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

EDIT: Don't really care if it works or is broscience, I need to stretch more anyways considering I don't do warm up sets and it's apparently helping with recovery.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

had a great workout day today - 5 sets of 5 at 215, then a whole shitload of presses with dumbells and lat pulldowns until basically collapse. then I hit a 1 hour boxing class which was a blast.

5. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

makes sense, hip flexibility is a major problem for me. when you say uncomfortable, you mean in your hamstrings? there was always a point in my pull where i felt the whole weight was through my traps/upper back- even though i tried to keep the bar near my shins. perhaps i'm leaning too far forward because of my locked-up hips..

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I hate this feeling... Don't have a doctors appointment until friday. Not sure if i should lift with the cysts in my rotator cuff, they said it could be cured with a steroid injection...

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Weird feeling...for the first time since 2008 the scale says 200+. I know it doesn't really count since it was an evening weigh-in rather than a morning weigh-in, but still weird to see. Last time I weighed over 200 I had like 25% BF and was weak as fuck. It's weird thinking about how much has changed since then.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Gonna try your sludge recipe. Added coco powder and a banana though because im using unflavoured whey.

used half a container of natty pb, 125g of whey, 2 banannas and 2 tea spoons of coco powder.

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Lol think you overdid it brah.

Usually I use like 2 scoops of whey, 2 tbsp of pb, and maybe 2 tbsp of water.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

I think it needs more whey. Don't know if thats enough. I kept adding more shit to try get the consistency right and eventually the whole bowl was full.

Internet is telling me to microwave it. Should I listen to the internet?

11. APK

APK Senior member

Used a pulled pork slow cooker recipe, but swapped in chicken since that's what I had on hand. Fuckin' excellent, especially on a toasted bun. I made the sauce before I threw it in the slow cooker, so it was pretty much all good stuff (chili sauce was a bit high in sodium, but whatever), so it was pretty clean. Still tasted like I was eating a cheat meal.

1 person likes this.
  12. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It's made eating this many calories a hell of a lot easier this past week.

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

FUARK THAT PROTEIN SLUDGE IS SO GOOD. I don't think it'd taste that good without the bananas though. Just ate like 1500 calories in a few minutes.

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

slow cook everything, did honey garlic chicken and sweet and sour meatballs so far this week. bolded portion is truth, i have never wanted to eat more meat before now.

protein sludge sounds so good too though, but don't want to drop 200+ on a trueprotein order

15. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Dymatize Elite has the best flavors and is available in 10lb tubs for $80

16. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

I accept Paypal, Alden Trubalance in 11D, and CP in sz 45. :D

17. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

Thought of today - I wish I never bothered pushing above a 400/300/500 total. Physique wise there is little payoff.

18. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Physique-wise, I don't think there's much of a benefit of ever putting more than 3 plates on the bar for any exercise.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  19. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

2 Weeks into IF. 4 lbs down. Pants are feeling loose, though abs are only slightly more visible.

20. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

How are you feeling about it as far as maintaining strength and LBM and the behavioral aspects of it?