Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Fuji who's going to get your clothes when they find you dead in a tanning booth?

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

I sold basically all of them to my hipster friends who could fit such small clothes or people on sufu. Feel free to have dibs on 2 pairs of converse, a few pairs of old navy sweats and primark vests. I think I got a margiela artisan line sweater somewhere, lots of shoes made in north hampton when I was into that and tonnes of Ralph Lauren polo boys large stuff when I could fit in it. Disregard clothing, acquire aesthetics. Never used on tanning bed, just sit in my garden usually, don't really want to be that tan, looks weird on asians.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

3. knucks

knucks Senior member

After squatting in oly shoes, I don't think I ever want to squat in anything flat.

4. knucks

knucks Senior member

Get some benadryl if you have trouble sleeping after clen..

The new red ones? :slayer:

Adding muscle while losing fat, at the same time, is a myth. Can be achieved whilst on drugs, thought.

You can try "lean gains" for body recomposition...carb loading on days you lift, no carbs on non-training days is a good...but you need to pick one or the other and go HAM

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

Do you think it helps much with a wider stance non oly squat? Considered a pair for a while, but I didn't get any because I squat reasonably wide. Yeah gonna start taking some anti histamines, I heard it makes clen more effective.

6. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

fuji post pics

7. knucks

knucks Senior member

no because in a wide squat (i'm thing wesssssiiideee) you want shins vertical.

i dont know, i dont PL squat anymore.

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I'm going to research lean gains then. It sounds like just a diet program which hopefully I can continue doing 5/3/1 and lean gains. I just don't want to go from 170lbs to 160lbs which would make me what I would consider skinny.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

knucks if i started tracking what I eat will you take a look at it <33

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Same here. I've got a fairly narrow stance squat (in the range of PL squatters), so it helps my technique a lot with a slight heel.

11. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

So I walk up to the gym like 30 minutes ago and some yoga milf told me it's closed, that it flooded last night. Hate that, I'm a creature of habit and this fucks me up. Now I have to wait until tonight when all the gym bros come out.

And I know most people here hate /fit/ but goddamn is it funny sometimes.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

After looking at leangains site and seeing the before and afters, I do not want to do that. Everyone there looks completely emaciated. I'm like 16% bodyfat and want to get down to like 12%.

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

only eating in an 8 hour window does not mean you're immediately going to become emaciated. IF is a great way to help you lose fat. sounds like you are after a recomp; eat at maintenance at something like a 40/30/30 macronutrient ratio to start, and see what happens to your bw/bf/lifts.

for what its worth, i think dieting down is very effective in helping you hit your long-term physique goals, even if they include bulking. once you dial your diet in enough to lose fat, you will be in an excellent position to simply adjust upwards to be where you want; in other words, clean bulking. i think this is way better than picking a number out of a hat and eating 4k calories and putting on unnecessary weight. yeah, fat/weight can help with leverage but if aesthetics are your goal, staying at a respectable level of leanness is probably preferable.

pretty much what knucks was alluding to. if you want to lose fat, lose fat, if you want to get bigger, get bigger; just pick one and stick with it. if i were in your position i would get as strong as i could while leaning out and then tuning my calories up once i hit desired bf%.

14. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

BTW this New Rules of Lifting for Women book fucking sucks. It says pretty much that women should lift like men, then goes on to outline a bunch of lifts that I have never in my life seen a man do. Also, the nutrition section is terrible in that it says "don't just subtract 500kCals! Run at maintenance for a while then see where you're at." It doesn't tell you what to do from there. They don't go into macro calculations and just have a bunch of recipes and "sample diets" but don't explain how they were constructed.

Fucking terrible book. Just gonna put this girl on some kind of modified SS for now while doing low carb and go from there.

15. knucks

knucks Senior member

What kind of lifts?