Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Thanks. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm deceptively strong for my size/BF%. Good genetics, I guess.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Fuji PLEASE TAKE BEFORE AND AFTER OF CLEN

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I'm gonna take CLEN and go from 180lbs to 140lbs and be ripped as shit

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

4. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I agreed with your previous post....then i read this

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

If you're going to continue on, you can purchase shinguards that are easier to manage. The actual shinguard is just a plastic plate and it's held to your leg by a compression sleeve. No funny blisters and stay in place w/ socks over them. Like ten bucks at Dicks.

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

studying-induced junk food smashing. come at me 75% off easter chocolate

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Knucks let me be your padawan, I will listen to you unlike Fuji. I'm like 170-173lbs right now and I want to drop some bodyfat while continuing to gain muscle, I have some fat on my chest and a bit of a gut that I'm unhappy about. I was thinking of biking on every offday I have and only carb loading on days that I lift. Will that be enough?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

8. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

What sort of biking are you thinking about? Extended cardio is generally counter-productive to bulking up, and isn't a good enough fat burner to make it worth it. Instead you should add in some sort of high intensity interval training. This can be done biking, running, swimming, or any number of other ways. It's both a more effective far burning protocol and shouldn't inhibit your strength gains.

That being said, getting rid of excess belly fat is 90 percent a nutriotion issue, rather than exercise.

9. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

Start training at the Muscle Pit on Wednesday. [​IMG]

It seems the dude that runs the place also acts as a personal trainer. He seemed a bit hesitant that I was doing SS. I think they all do ‘Westside’. Started eating more too. Up to 3500 calories today and I haven’t had my after-dinner snack yet.

[​IMG]

Also, how the hell do I work out how many calories is in my homemade Bolognese sauce? Does 300 calories per serving sound to low for a meat sauce with mince and chunks of pancetta?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

10. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

Double post.

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

took delivery of these sweet adipowers today, man I can't wait to bust some PRs in 'em. steezin like a baws

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

So ever since I've gotten a bodybugg I've learned that my maintenance calories are between 3500-4000. Had no idea that they would be that high. I'm eating like a mad-man now and still at a deficit. I can already tell it's making a difference -- before I was eating at about 2500 calories a day(over a 1000 calorie deficit) and exhausted all the time. Now I'm eating 3000-3500(500 calorie deficit) and have great energy plus I'm still making strength gains while cutting.

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

Couldn't sleep last night, woke up 2 hours early, still PRed in the gym. Stimulant effects are pretty strong, felt much more alert and focused, but the hand tremors are kind of annoying when your trying to grip something. PRed incline bench, did 3 sets with my usual 8rm, but it didn't really feel like anything so I did another 5 sets easily, then I PRed the lying tricep extension and preacher curl by 5kg each, finally up to a 20kg either side of the EZ bar for both.. Excited to slew some squats tomorrow. i found my old ipod last night and put a bunch of music on it so I think that helps too, better then the gyms shitty music.

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

If you are still progress on SS there is no reason to do westside, I think it would be a lot slower to progress on.

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

this reads like a brett easton ellis novel