Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

lol, thnx for the links.

2. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Beach workout was fun, but I should've checked to make sure it wasn't high tide. Was hard to find a track that wasn't slanted and difficult to run on.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Did some straight arm lat movements today, DOMS are much stronger then just from rows alone. I think the only way for me to get a really sore upper back is loads of volume, worked well today.

4. jarude

jarude Senior member

i see no issue with inverted rows in the squat rack; use the smith if there is one but to quote fuji no fucks given about other people's shit when i am doing my shit.

i work out at home

i hate how i can crush something for 3x10 and then up it 5lbs and i can only manage 8,8,5 :(

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

Its not like barbell rows or curls where you can do them off the floor. You need a fixed bar low to the ground to do inverted rows, if there isn't a smith machine I'd say the power rack is a perfectly acceptable place to do them. If I had inverted rows in my program I'm not gonna stop doing them just because the only place to do them is the squat cage. I did power shrugs in the cage today, not gonna pull 160kg every set, doubt I could even pull 160kg with a conventional deadlift.

This might be T nations most retarded writer

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/7_singleleg_exercises_youve_never_tried

every fucking week he writes the exact same article about single leg work and 1.5 reps or how he never trains anyone with the squat because of how dangerous it is. He might be a troll, he's kind of doing the troll face in his photo, that or he's just really ugly.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

The worst T-Nation stuff is the supplement shilling articles. No question.

7. Nikolo

Nikolo Senior member

Interested in the supplements the regulars around here are using. At the moment, I am using none; just eating and eating. However, I am going to start using more protein powders and other supplements. So, what are you guys using? Also, no gear plz :foo:

8. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

Yeah that's a pretty dumb article. Pistols and Romanian deadlifts have a place in my training, but only once every month or two. It's a good way to improve balance and stability, but should hardly be a core component of any program.

9. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

food, water, ibuprofen occasionally.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Whey protein, Taurine and Clenbuterol trolololololololol.

I'd just take whey or casein, I don't really believe any of the prework out stims, creatine or over the counter cutting agents really do anything.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

11. joshuadowen

I don't take any supplements, but I'm also not trying to bulk up. For what it's worth, the quality of the food you are eating should be a much bigger concern than supplements. If you are eating a good quantity of high quality food and are still not getting the results you want, only then should you start thinking about supplements.

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

I see a point in doing RDLs, they build up your hams and lower back, but thats if you do them with both feet on the floor.

13. joshuadowen

Like anything, it depends what your fitness goals are. Personally I think there is value in improving balance, stability, coordination, etc., which some single leg exercises do. That being said, that's a 5-10 percent sort of thing, not a major training component for most people, and some of the photos in that article look like injuries waiting to happen.

14. knucks

knucks Senior member

Here's a solution: Stop reading TNation. Next we'll see you write about how much Indigo3 helped ya

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

No, I'm gonna make a transformation journal about how I used Indigo3 and metabolic drive and how it transformed my physique and then move to LA and train with that guy who looks like vin diesel, but with a really funny accent.