1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Flame

Flame Senior member

1 round slow jog in-between

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Back to heavier deadlifts today after ~12 weeks off of heavy stuff.

Wow.. 455 x 5 actually felt kind of heavy in my hands. Probably going to take a week or so to get used to the heavy stuff again.

3. green bastard

green bastard Senior member

Well, Im able to run the 15km without a problem and think that Im still in pretty good shape, but I need to prepare for the upcoming season, especially in regard to speed/swiftness. Regular jogging for 15km would surely improve my endurance, but not my tempo that much, wouldn't it?
    I have no access to treadmills for the time being, unfortunately.

Thanks for squat jump-advice, sounds like a good idea!

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

[​IMG]

Inspiration for back day!

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Bought some purple wraath bcaa's to try out training fasted. And a box of OSTrim beef/ostritch jerky. for high protein low-cal snackin'.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  6. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Im feeling squats in my lower back. Not pain but....a feeling. Today was light day so i only had like 50% 1rm on the bar, but i still felt something in the back. I dont seem to feel this when doing heavy triples etc. I think its because my glutes dont activate which allows my back to arch really easily, maybe too much, and i also have "butt wink" at the bottom of the movement. Maybe on heavy squats my back doesnt overarch because the weight compensates, i dunno. Should i be concerned? Should i squat higher if i cant go parallel without winking?

7. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Been using that BCAA since I started IF. Got the citrus lemonade which turns pink with water. Actually tastes really good, in contrary to most Whey's.
    Take the recommended 10g/1 scoop just before workout when I train fasted. Can't say I've noticed any big effects of it though except for some quick sugar-like boost just when I drink it.

8. knucks

knucks Senior member

Did you get those?

9. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

no

my coach would laugh at me

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

its like wearing a tennis ball on your feet.
    awesome.

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Coming from soccer cleats, would kop in a second ^^^

12. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Since the beginning of my bulk(little over 3 months now), I've consumed over 30 pounds of Peter Pan creamy Peanut Butter. :uhoh:

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

Mozzarella has surprisingly good macros. 20g of protein per 100g. Bought some from sainsburys for $1.60 for 250g. Tastes just as good as $11 a piece shit from market basket in NJ. Wrapped it with a piece of eye round and put a bit of olive oil and pepper on it. Fuark just had nearly 200g of protein at once.

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

That's a lot. I'm allergic to peanuts so I could never eat that much or any at all for that matter. My allergy also makes it hard for me to find protein bars that have an adequate amount of protein and a small amount of carbs. I tend to eat them as snacks and when I don't have time for lunch.

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Your peanut allergy disallows you from eating 30 lbs of peanut butter? Interdasting.

3 people like this.
  16. fuji

fuji Senior member

Styleforum, I just mixed about 350g of ricotta, 50g of whey some splenda and some coco powder in a bowl and put it in the freezer. I'm gonna eat it in an hour or 2. How bad will this taste? I read some recipes that said I needed an oven and gelatin, but at 4AM that seemed like too much effort. Should be like 100g of protein though.

It looks like soft serve ice cream/shit. Gonna try find some peanuts to throw in there.

17. fuji

fuji Senior member

18. mrchariybrown

I haven't totaled elite yet.

I will on November 3rd ;)

A lot of the stuff in that thread is bullshit. Some stuff true. But I will say that the biggest factor in lifting heavy weights isn't genetics. It is mental fortitude. I have pretty crappy genetics and a small frame but I'm damn well going to total elite soon and then breaking 600/400/700 and so forth.'

But in short, average I really do think anyone with "average" genetics can total elite with the right mindset and heart in your training.

19. mrchariybrown

The one guy nailed it on the head in my opinion...

20. mrchariybrown

I will say one thing though.. I do agree with those saying they can't total elite.. not with that kind of mentality.