Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

OK, well I intend to post my results and how I feel during the course. Will probably go 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and not go past 80mcg per day starting at 20mcg a day. Need to take a bunch of Tuarine whilst im on and anti histamines when im off. Want to do this as safely and effectively as possible.

Pretty sure Kunk has posted about gear so I think this is alright.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

stay hydrated, don't die in a sauna. you're much too entertaining for that.

3. jemcgarvey

jemcgarvey Well-Known Member

Better composition = cutting (you're cutting fat from you body)

Anyway, there are millions of tips on the subject, but the fundamentals are pretty simple.

- Burning up fat requires a calorie deficit. Everything you hear about "this diet or that diet or this kind of exercise over that kind" can be useful, but has miniscule effects on your progress compared to the ratio of calories consumed / utilized.

- Trading carbs for proteins combined with strength training allows you to maintain (and even gain) muscle mass while losing weight. Shoot for a gram per pound of bodyweight per day.

I've lost 20 pounds of fat and gained a few pounds of muscle over the past few months doing this. (averaging about 500-800 caloric deficit per day / average of 200g protein per day) I am progressively re-learning the basic lifts and the strength feels great, besides the fact that every added ounce of muscle mass is an additional increase in resting metabolism.

4. dressedforsuccess

dressedforsuccess Well-Known Member

He was using a machine. He would pull, his "spotter" stood on the other side and pushed. Like this but with plates you add instead of cables:

[​IMG]

5. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

DFS are you doing the marathon in Florence this year? I might see you there if you are. How easy/safe would it be for me to go to a Fiorentina match the day before if they are at home?

6. dressedforsuccess

Do you mean the one in November? I won't be here, as I return to the states in late May (end of my time abroad sadly). But imo the Fiorentina match wouldn't be a problem; the games don't get too wild as Florence's squad isn't the best in the world. Just don't have too much wine with dinner :devil: and you'll be fine

7. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Yeah the 25th. Are the tickets fairly easy to get? I know Juve struggled to sell out the Delle Alpi and had to move to a stadium half the size, I'm guessing Fiorentina don't sell 50k a match or whatever their ground holds.

Edit: just looked at the table, 15th place :O

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Researching what I need with it. Need to buy a fuck load of bananas for potassium. From what I understand I need potassium, taurine and debatably an anti histamine. two, two week cycles of this should be enough.

9. dressedforsuccess

Hah yea that kind of sums it up. Don't get me wrong, Florentines still love their team. As for tickets, when I was in Barcelona in March I bought a ticket at the stadium 1.5 hours before the game, so you should be good with Florence. Barcelona game was great, Messi set the record for goals for Barcelona's club during it. Crowd was all like :worship2:

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Don't take this as an insult cause I'm just looking out for you but I don't see why you need to use any sort of gear at your level.

11. dressedforsuccess

I agree. Having done football in high school and some MMA after, I've known a lot of guys who do/have done this stuff. I'm sure you've heard this before, but it can be very dangerous, there are a lot of side effects. Please research thoroughly, and make sure it's worth the risk doing it. Keep it safe

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

No offense taken. I don't like cutting and if I can do it safely in a way that saves muscle mass, makes training easier and is quicker I don't see why I shouldn't use it. I don't care about being natty or not because I don't intend to compete in bbing. I know there is some risk to it, but I figure if I plan it all I can do it reasonably safely. I know this is a pretty shit reason, but also I'm just kind of interested in the process and how its gonna make me feel.

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

"I don't see why I shouldn't use it."

Conversely, I see no value in using it.

14. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Do they have touts in Italy for the big games? TBH I'd be like :worship2: if Batistuta was still there, great player and one of the two or three most loyal players of the last 20 years along with Radebe and le Tissier.

15. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Take E or charlie if you want to experiment with how different things make you feel (purely on safety grounds and what doctors can treat easily if it goes wrong, I'm not encouraging illegal drug taking). I believe there are a few students near you who can sell you some?