• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
okay, so there are 3-4 exceptions . Other country's olympic lifters are genetic freaks. Look at the physique of american , for example here are two siklly strong dudes:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we discussed this a few pages back. Some oly lifters look **** because all they do is cleans, snatches, front squat, back squat for like 1-3 reps, but they have very good technique and can get under the weight easily. Other ones do a greater variety of lifts and look more aesthetic..

36kgx8 per arm on DB incline press for a couple sets today, felt pretty strong today. Tried reverse grip bench, felt really awkward, just gonna stick with lying tricep extensions super setted with close grip bench. Also PRed the preacher curl lol, progressive overload for everything. Cannot wait to pick up my thermogenics tomorrow, hopefully will stop feeling so weak when I cut.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, not in college anymore. Do whatever you want, man. If doing prowler work makes you feel athletic, so be it, but answer me this: Why do you lift weights?

Well, I lift for many reasons. And one of the nice things I have learned about lifting is that the list of reasons I lift has increased over time. I try to enjoy every benefit that strength has - from looking good to performing yardwork trivially to safely performing 'well enough' in any casual sport to providing some reasonable level of protection for my wife and in 2013 it will be family. But despite all that - I don't know what to tell you other than Wendler says it's good. I don't have access to a prowler, but I do widowmaker and hill sprint when the lunar cycles align and I find it assists me with 8 and 5 rep ranges by helping keep breathing from becoming too laborious. Anything which assists my 8 rep days directly improves my 1rm. It's not about getting strong by hill sprinting or making your "legs bigger" at all as that quote suggested. It's about keeping your air.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, not in college anymore. Do whatever you want, man. If doing prowler work makes you feel athletic, so be it, but answer me this: Why do you lift weights?

So I can go on the internets and tell everyone they're doing it wrong. Hbu?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, I lift for many reasons. And one of the nice things I have learned about lifting is that the list of reasons I lift has increased over time. I try to enjoy every benefit that strength has - from looking good to performing yardwork trivially to safely performing 'well enough' in any casual sport to providing some reasonable level of protection for my wife and in 2013 it will be family. But despite all that - I don't know what to tell you other than Wendler says it's good. I don't have access to a prowler, but I do widowmaker and hill sprint when the lunar cycles align and I find it assists me with 8 and 5 rep ranges by helping keep breathing from becoming too laborious. Anything which assists my 8 rep days directly improves my 1rm. It's not about getting strong by hill sprinting or making your "legs bigger" at all as that quote suggested. It's about keeping your air.

This, used to get raped on anything over a tripple, ******* heavy breathing by 5 rep irregardless of weight, now I can do my 8rm without stopping between reps. Also I think prowler has put size on my legs, if you use **** loads of weight its like doing widow maker lunges. Also it's probably great for fat loss.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i already have it and like it a lot, but i feel like combining weights and bodyweight is more effective than bodyweight alone
actually i got it because you recommended it so highly

sweet, **** is awesome. i wanted to combine weights and that program but never did it, 5/3/1 seems like a good go... as long as your weak points are targeted by your assistance it should be cool. post updates

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if theres one thing im good at, its putting on bloat after a diet. :slayer:

190.6 after my AM session this morning.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This guy isn't actually an exception. Yes, he's very cut. Almost no body fat. But he isn't V-Shaped. He's got a very square torso. 

That's not the point. He's lean as phuck and stronger than 10 bears. He might not be V shaped compared to a body builder but he certainly isn't 'blocky' and standing side on twisted to face the camera he'd look more V shaped than most anyway.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
olympic-abs.jpg

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol my friend saw a Facebook Ad for this workout program called "Muscle Maximizer", saw the video and torrent'd the program.

Comes onto chat this morning and spews everything (most of which was advice I've given him in the past) to me as if he's Mr. Sports Nutritionist all of a sudden... If it gets him to exercise better (compared to his current elliptical workout plan), all the power to him. I'll just see how long it lasts.

Last edited:

bob digital

Reaction score
First cheat day this weekend. Loved/hated it, which is basically what I was expecting. Was pretty happy with 7,000 calories. Think I can do more by being a little smarter with it. Fast day after wasn't too bad. Interested to see if I notice any changes

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's not the point. He's lean as phuck and stronger than 10 bears. He might not be V shaped compared to a body builder but he certainly isn't 'blocky' and standing side on twisted to face the camera he'd look more V shaped than most anyway.

this

also finally got me some honest to god steel-cut oats, **** was so cash when prepared like so:

http://i.imgur.com/3nv0e.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads