Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

really?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

2. gort

gort Senior member

Lu's back. :slayer:

Also Fuji your friend sounds rather pompous, you shouldn't adulate that type of behavior.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

okay, so there are 3-4 exceptions . Other country's olympic lifters are genetic freaks. Look at the physique of american , for example here are two siklly strong dudes:

[​IMG]

4. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

This guy isn't actually an exception. Yes, he's very cut. Almost no body fat. But he isn't V-Shaped. He's got a very square torso.

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

I think we discussed this a few pages back. Some oly lifters look shit because all they do is cleans, snatches, front squat, back squat for like 1-3 reps, but they have very good technique and can get under the weight easily. Other ones do a greater variety of lifts and look more aesthetic..

36kgx8 per arm on DB incline press for a couple sets today, felt pretty strong today. Tried reverse grip bench, felt really awkward, just gonna stick with lying tricep extensions super setted with close grip bench. Also PRed the preacher curl lol, progressive overload for everything. Cannot wait to pick up my thermogenics tomorrow, hopefully will stop feeling so weak when I cut.

6. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Well, I lift for many reasons. And one of the nice things I have learned about lifting is that the list of reasons I lift has increased over time. I try to enjoy every benefit that strength has - from looking good to performing yardwork trivially to safely performing 'well enough' in any casual sport to providing some reasonable level of protection for my wife and in 2013 it will be family. But despite all that - I don't know what to tell you other than Wendler says it's good. I don't have access to a prowler, but I do widowmaker and hill sprint when the lunar cycles align and I find it assists me with 8 and 5 rep ranges by helping keep breathing from becoming too laborious. Anything which assists my 8 rep days directly improves my 1rm. It's not about getting strong by hill sprinting or making your "legs bigger" at all as that quote suggested. It's about keeping your air.

7. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

So I can go on the internets and tell everyone they're doing it wrong. Hbu?

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

This, used to get raped on anything over a tripple, fucking heavy breathing by 5 rep irregardless of weight, now I can do my 8rm without stopping between reps. Also I think prowler has put size on my legs, if you use fuck loads of weight its like doing widow maker lunges. Also it's probably great for fat loss.

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

sweet, shit is awesome. i wanted to combine weights and that program but never did it, 5/3/1 seems like a good go... as long as your weak points are targeted by your assistance it should be cool. post updates

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

if theres one thing im good at, its putting on bloat after a diet. :slayer:

190.6 after my AM session this morning.

11. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

That's not the point. He's lean as phuck and stronger than 10 bears. He might not be V shaped compared to a body builder but he certainly isn't 'blocky' and standing side on twisted to face the camera he'd look more V shaped than most anyway.

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

13. sonick

sonick Senior member

lol my friend saw a Facebook Ad for this workout program called "Muscle Maximizer", saw the video and torrent'd the program.

Comes onto chat this morning and spews everything (most of which was advice I've given him in the past) to me as if he's Mr. Sports Nutritionist all of a sudden... If it gets him to exercise better (compared to his current elliptical workout plan), all the power to him. I'll just see how long it lasts.

14. bob digital

bob digital Well-Known Member

First cheat day this weekend. Loved/hated it, which is basically what I was expecting. Was pretty happy with 7,000 calories. Think I can do more by being a little smarter with it. Fast day after wasn't too bad. Interested to see if I notice any changes

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

this

also finally got me some honest to god steel-cut oats, shit was so cash when prepared like so:

http://i.imgur.com/3nv0e.jpg