Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

good stuff, thanks. If there's more (anyone) don't be shy.

plus if you think this is a good/bad idea.

7 months is too far out if anything. I think shooting for 2-3 months would be more productive. Your event will seem too abstract past that horizon, and unless you are an extremely disciplined guy, youre not going to make the most of all that time.

3 months out, and you're going to feel the urgency to make every day count.

There is also the benefit of getting a race under your belt. Finishing a race is going to tell you things about how you need to train for the next event than any amount of reading on the interwebs.

2. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

Is there something to those pre-wo stims? Stuff like jack3d and those products?

Yeah, it has made many people rich.. [​IMG]

Seriously, you don't need that crap. Just take some carbs and protein before your workout and you'll do just fine. AFAIK, the only supplement that isn't a complete waste of money is creatine.

3. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

7 months is too far out if anything. I think shooting for 2-3 months would be more productive. Your event will seem too abstract past that horizon, and unless you are an extremely disciplined guy, youre not going to make the most of all that time.

3 months out, and you're going to feel the urgency to make every day count.

There is also the benefit of getting a race under your belt. Finishing a race is going to tell you things about how you need to train for the next event than any amount of reading on the interwebs.

x2

I would also look around for Sprint Triathlons. You could probably pull one off in a month or so, depending on how truly out of shape you are.

Start small. Don't go out and run 3-5 miles your first time, just do an easy 1-2. Work into things gradually or you could possibly be dealing with some sort of injury soon.

A lot (most) of your recovering and performance is going to be dependent on your diet.

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

x2 I would also look around for Sprint Triathlons. You could probably pull one off in a month or so, depending on how truly out of shape you are. Start small. Don't go out and run 3-5 miles your first time, just do an easy 1-2. Work into things gradually or you could possibly be dealing with some sort of injury soon. A lot (most) of your recovering and performance is going to be dependent on your diet.
    yeah, that's what I'm thinking. a bit of training, then a (sprint or two) as practice for a proper one. K, thanks guys

5. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

Is there something to those pre-wo stims? Stuff like jack3d and those products?

Friend has that, I think, but I suspect it's going to do anything for me. I mean, I never got even the jitters w/ EC on full dose, and that's a fair stim in its own right. I'm pretty tolerant to caffeine as well.

Maybe it's time to cut down on that mochalatte [​IMG]

Almost all pre-workout stims are a waste of money. They combine high amounts of sugar and caffeine for a quick boost of energy which goes away fairly soon and become ineffective after a short time (usually a couple of weeks). You're better off going with a good carb source and popping a caffeine pill that you can grab for like $4x100 if you need the extra energy instead of spending $50 for *maybe* a months supply.

6. Nil

Nil Senior member

got something you wanna say, bryce?

Nah, replied to something and then realized it was several pages back and not relevant anymore.

7. Nil

Nil Senior member

I'll echo the uselessness of most supplements. Unless you're an elite level lifter/athlete, the minor benefits you may derive from such things are inconsequential. You'd be much better off just fixing your diet and workout program.

8. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

What the crap... winning lifts at 1:35 and 7:45
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

9. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Yeah, I think just sticking to BCAA before lifting will be enough for me.

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Random thought: genetics fucking piss me off.

nah dude genetics makes things more fun. how boring would it be if you had six packs with 400 deadlift without trying.

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

nah dude genetics makes things more fun. how boring would it be if you had six packs with 400 deadlift without trying.

uh...not boring at all. that'd be awesome

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

how uninteresting. that's like the middle schooler who plays 8 comp v 1 starcraft on power overwhelming. no skill improvement and fun at first but easily tiring.

13. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

how uninteresting. that's like the middle schooler who plays 8 comp v 1 starcraft on power overwhelming. no skill improvement and fun at first but easily tiring.

it'd be more productive to spend your time elsewhere instead of the gym [​IMG]

14. virus646

virus646 Senior member

it'd be more productive to spend your time elsewhere instead of the gym [​IMG]

don't you have fun at the gym? I do. It's one of the few place I can be alone with my thoughts and the only thing that I have in mind is pushing that frikking bar. Personally, I see it as a long term activity/hobby rather than ''get that 6-pack for summer'' so I wouldn't really trade it for perfect genetics.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i guess different strokes for different ppl. i like lifting weights. oddly exhilarating and i'm in a good mood rest of the day