Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

There's really nothing better for improving power generation and anabolic conditioning.

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

what's your workout like with the prowler?

3. joshuadowen

joshuadowen Senior member

I think the key is to find a weight that is heavy, but where you can still do a 50m sprint pretty quickly. Prowler pushes are mostly about building power. If you are pushing a really heavy sled really slowly, you are missing out on a lot of that. For me that weight ends up being like, 180lbs or something, but everyone will be different. I do 10-12 50m sprints with it, 60 seconds rest in between.

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Squat PR's feel the best!

415 x 2 x 5. Next week, 425!

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

Usually 10 50-80m sprints with a fairly heavy wait, but not so heavy I can't run. Did 150kg yesterday and was getting 20ish seconds per sprint. I push it outside on pavement so depending on the weather I adjust the weight, if its rainy 100kg feels ridiculously heavy because you can't get traction. That is on days when im only using the high handles. Some days Ill drop the weight to like 100kg, do a 50m sprint on the low handles then do a 50m sprint right away with the high handles. Main thing I focus on is trying to reach top speed as fast as possible.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

did you actually buy a prowler?

7. knucks

knucks Senior member

Let me ask you this: Why?

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

why am i asking or why does he use a prowler?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

No found it in my gym with a pile of stuff no one uses. Im pretty sure me and my training partner are the only people who use it. Along with the prowler I also found farmers handles, a yoke, sled, a log and a cambered bar.

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

dude your gym is awesome

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

I just wish it had a leg press.........

And a decent incline press, one we have is really rickety, would really like to try a safety squat bar too. Also for the gym owner to realise that if you have bumper plates and a platform you can drop weights. Oh and for the gym not to be on a slope so that when you finish with the prowler you don't have to push it an extra 20m up a steep ramp.

On the subject of gyms anyone know any really good ones in London (inb4 westside/EFS in London Ohio)? Guessing my uni ones are gonna be shit.

Unrelated to this how the fuck do you clean a metal log? Thing only weighs 49kg and I can't clean it even though my max is 80kg, just can't get under it.

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

you really dont need an incline press or a leg press.
    Stop changing your fucking routine. No wonder you make shit progress.
    FUCK.

and i was asking fuji why he uses a prowler

13. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Damn I wish my gym had a yolk walk, that seems like it would be fun. I was talking to the gym manager today and he said they just bought 70 grand worth of bikes for the spin class.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Also did my first bikram yoga class followed by foam rolling/lacrosse ball [​IMG]

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

I don't really make shitty progress, wouldn't say a 3 plate squat coming from a 40kg squat in 7 months is shit progress nor would I say going from 112lb with marfans disorder and not being able to do a push up to 195lb is shit progress. I want a leg press so I can bring my legs to failure without taxing my lower back. I want an incline press so I can isolate my chest better, delts and triceps take over during flat bench. I use a prowler for conditioning, to put more mass on my legs, get faster and too lose weight. I haven't changed my routine in a while, been doing PHAT + 3 days of conditioning for a while now. I change out some assistance work, but I still do the big lifts and progress on them pretty much every week.

Sorry for not pull 600lb in my first year of training, but I wouldn't say 415lb is shit.

I found they yoke walk really boring actually, didn't really like it.

15. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Because believe it or not, some people don't give a flying fuck about lifting zillions of pounds, and would rather do something that keeps them enjoying their workouts. ditch the bro attitude and let people do whatever the fuck they want, this isn't brobuilding.com