Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Better correlation: if you're lean, you can eat chocolate. Heavier girls are always trying to "eat healthier" so they, you know, don't eat chocolate and instead eat a pound of pasta (its low fat, see?) and snack on rice cakes all day (despite tasting like cardboard)

2. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Is it some universal truth that girls are carbaholics and dudes are meataholics?

Speaking of which, flying out to Deutscheland tomorrow. Filling all my macros with meat and beer for the next couple weeks and working out in sad little hotel gyms.

And I know it's total shit, but just squatted 165x3x5 (PR for me).

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

3. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Get a few big girls at work asking for medium Big Macs and Diet Coke, then say to their friend that they are going to lose weight. How about you eat the fucking salad and have a bottle of water with it?

4. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

I don't, but then I don't really have thick people on mine.

5. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

New PR for bench yesterday, 315 for 3 reps [​IMG]

Also, getting in the mode where all I want to do is train now...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

6. knucks

knucks Senior member

Gotcha. Thanks for the insight.
    Not entirely, but his training methods are very much influenced by that. He's also pretty well known for bringing Russian and other related training methods to the states via his translations..

One of his articles..
    http://sportivnypress.com/documents/51.html

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Got my ass out of bed at 5:45 to catch a morning yoga class.

My bro-swole workout is boring me, and I can't run because of top of foot pain from "ramping up too fast" in my VFF. (Bullshit).

I've always been Barbell complex-curious.

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

most of the girls i know who love chocolate have tons of mass on their lower body.

9. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Women have a strange relationship with food. There was a great line which I found in a link in this thread like 2 years ago written by some exercise and diet guy which basically said he flat out does not train women. He doesn't train women because the success rate is bad and because in his estimation the average woman needs a psychologist to assist in breaking their addictive behaviors with food. I find it very difficult to empathize with the drive to eat crap that women appear to exhibit constantly, especially when you get them together and some sort of blood lust for carbs overtakes them and the 5k bulks begin.

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

holy shit, charniga - I've read loads of the dudes articles

11. gort

gort Senior member

RE: fat girls. There is a girl I went to high school with that has been perpetually fat for the last ten years. She is always posting on facebook every so often about her new diet and exercise plans. First it was P90X, then yoga, etc, etc. Now she has discovered crossfit and needs to post about it every time she goes to a workout. :fu:

I haven't seen her in years but judging from her photos on facebook she hasn't made any progress at all. Ever.

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

That feel when you get really pumped up for a high rep set then a song you like comes on and you go god mode and destroy the set with no breaks. Usually have to mentally divide an 8 rep set into 5 reps, 2 reps, 1 rep. Having a bit of a heat wave in England (mid 60s), feels so good doing some sprints with the prowler in the sun.

13. knucks

knucks Senior member

I've struck out, IMO...can only train there once a week so will try to make the best of that.

14. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I have traditionally never gotten pumps doing anything, but I have begun to pre work out with a sugar heavy food and 2 cups of warm water with creatine (read it as a tip). Didn't do anything the first couple times, but maybe I crossed some HFCS threshold today and I was feeling all weird and huge at the gym today and it finally hit me. First pump, 3 years of training.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

crap. well try to soak up everything you can from the guy, you seem to be on the level wrt the lifts anyways so I doubt you'll be completely shit.