Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

+1 on banded TKE's.

I do them every squat session. 2x20. Keeps my knees super happy. And they work my quads so good.

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

[​IMG]

Made last night: roast pork loin and root vegetables.

3. theecaptain

theecaptain Well-Known Member

drank much and slept little last night..i'm sure neither helped with recovery

4. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Did shoulders today and then prowler in the basketball court, finally played a game of 5v5 full court. Fuck me I'm exhausted. [​IMG]

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

Funny the difference you see in old school coaches and more modern ones.

When being taught the snatch, I was told: "Put the bar overhead and jump down." Those were all the instructions I was given. :slayer:

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

Went to London the last 2 days with my gf, didn't lift, drank, smoked and had a shit diet. Feel guilty. Went into Ralph Lauren Rugby to buy a dress shirt, couldn't get my delts into XL, feels good man.

May have to start working, no more training 6 days a week then eating and sleeping all day.

Stinger if you don't care about arms you could just do a push/pull split for your upper body and just not work them. Don't understand why you think you need to squat to get a big upper body.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

What are TKEs?

Root veggies, huh? Well somebody's diet has gone to shit. ;)

8. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Quote:
    Terminal Knee Extensions, a band with tension around the knee and go from straight leg to bent knee.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

Why it so hard to teach women about fitness. GF wants to lose a few pounds, told her to lower her carb intake and have a caloric deficit "not eating only rice cakes from now on" "I don't want to lose water weight I want to lose fat" "I want a flat stomach not to lose water". Cycle carbs with caloric deficit, loose water weight, acquire flat stomach in 2 weeks. Can anyone give me an easy to understand explanation of this? She doesn't believe cutting water weight will make her thinner.

10. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Trying to teach women about fitness is a fool's game. Unless there's some fitness icon out there with their ideal body telling them something other than broscience or other bullshit, good luck. They don't exist tho... because they're all out there to make money and keep women skinny-fat.

11. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Quote:
    But but but but if I lift weights I'll look like a she-hulk beast. [​IMG]

Most women don't realize it takes a lot of time to put on a lot of muscle plus they usually don't even eat enough to build any kind of mass.

Also, just hearing about Shirataki noodles, damn these would be awesome for my cut.

12. APK

APK Senior member

Isn't that based on the thought that you'll eventually hit a ceiling for how big you can get your upper body before you'll need to add size to the lower body in order to add more upper body size?

13. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Yep. Instead, they'll continue to lift barbie weights where they could easily do 30+ reps with, run on the treadmill for 2 hours, then carb up with some cupcakes as a treat since they're going to run 2.5 hours tomorrow. Total protein intake for the day? Maybe 30g with incidentals because too much red meat is bad for you.

14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Give your girl new rules of lifting for women it clears up most bullshit pretty fast.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

when asked is weightlifting difficult, the 77 class winner's comment: "not at all, you just pull the bar high enough and get under it"

Women seem to be on the same level of rampant misinformation than most dudes wrt lifting and diet. From now on I'm going to adopt the following strategy to counter misinformed females who think they'll become swole if they lift

show pic of Julia Rohde or María de la Puente
    tell them that these chicks outlift 90% of your average bros with perfect ease
    if not evident, restate that the lifters in question are still hot as all fuck

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012