Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

come on, we all know you're doing OL so you can go to that crossfit gym and get all that hot crossfit ass mirin on you.

i put that shit on most things.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

If you're getting props from someone with a 440+ (fuck your kgs haha) c+j, you know you're doing SOMETHING right.

3. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Not being able to squat has fucked my routine, need to change it. Tomorrow it should be squats, bench, close grip bench, which as they were all max effort was enough volume. Now its leg isolation machines, which dont use up much energy or stress the full body at all. My deadlift day is fine with deads, rows, pull downs and curls. What can i add to bench day, should i do incline as well, maybe DB shoulder press? I'm not bothered about not working legs for now as they arent small anyway, but i want to be stressing my body enough to keep the upper body gains coming.

4. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

I am surprised you would do bench and squats on the same day. Isnt it better to stress/work similar muscle groups together? What am I missing?

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

3 x 5 squats is (was) my leg workout. Doesnt need its own day or affect my bench. I think im gonna train 4 days a week and do a day just for arms for a while. 3 sets of close grip bench and 2 sets of curls on chest/back day isnt cutting it. I've been doing some reading and lagging arms seem to respond to more volume.

6. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Whole body workouts are strange to you?? That's all I do, man.

7. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

squat everytime you lift mang

:coolface:

8. knucks

knucks Senior member

My upcoming program:

Monday AM: Upper body pushing (Push Presses, jerks, chest/triceps work) HEAVY
    Monday PM: Lower Body Pushing (Squats, Front Squats) HEAVY
    Tuesday PM: Pulling (Pulls from floor, midthigh, bent-rows) HEAVY
    Wednesday AM: Weightlifting moves and derivatives (LIGHT)
    Thursday PM: Lower Body Pushing (Squats, Front Squats) LIGHT, Upper body pushing (Presses, jerks, chest/triceps work) LIGHT
    Friday PM: Pulling (NO ROWING... just vertical pulling (pullups, pulldowns), rear/medial delt work, biceps) LIGHT
    Saturday AM: Weightlifting moves HEAVY
    Sunday: Rest (the less you do other than sitting around and eating, the better)

This should be...interesting.

9. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

looks like something I'd like to do :laugh:

are you running like a bulgarian type of deal or something? just bc if you're transitioning into oly, ramping up to a daily max is something you deffo want to do to give you a touch for limit lifts.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

10. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Interesting. When I do squats I feel completely spent, cant really imagine doing serious weight on the bench afterwards. For some reason doing lighter assistance seems much more feasible. I am a novice when it comes to lifting, maybe its not the right approach but it has been my experience.

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

I dont have any specifics for you guys. I don't like benching and don't want to do much of it, but Axelman, that's LIGHT work so it doesn't matter, plus I may or may not do both those things on that day.

I no longer write my own programs.

12. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I wanted to try something different today so I warmed up by using the erg machine. Kind of liked it. Will have to read up on it a bit so as to see how use it with proper form.

13. erico956

erico956 New Member

I had to switch to lower body gains. I was all about the pecs and arms and abs till I realized I was looking very disproportional. Then again, when you go to your local gym, it seems that the bench and dumbbells are the only things being used.

www.gymtrainingforums.com

14. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Leg curls and extensions today, actually went alright especially the curls. I feel a lot less injury prone doing these than squats at least. Also, have added 5kg to my 3x5 bench at last, which could be because i have been loading creatine all week, but i think im going to have to come off it because im pretty sure its responsible for raising my blood pressure. Have improved bench form though with some observations from a spotter- i wasnt far enough back on the bench and not under the bar properly. I now use the groove that joins the "head" part of the bench to shove my shoulders/traps down into which makes maintaining the arch much easier.

15. knucks

knucks Senior member

Some people experience knee pain w leg extensions, similar to elbow pain with skullcrushers. Not a bad exercise, just watch out. I tend to go high rep on those 12-15 and go through full range without hyper extending, seems to be okay.

Also, if you've got some imbalances and you're experiencing lateral patella pain, these may help, though I like banded TKE instead.