1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Do any of you watch your saturated fat intake? I know there are plenty of studies saying its a myth and not to worry, but there are plenty saying the opposite as well. Generally i eat around 120-150g fat per day, i try to keep saturated to 30-35g.

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Nah, I occasionally track macros for like 3 days and then it gets too annoying to weigh shit.

Theres topless photos of graphic novelty on fb hnnnnnnnnnnng

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I just ate about 8 oz of pistachios. That sets one back a bit when calorie counting.

4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I use the mynetdiary app on my iPhone, so saturated fat is counted separately. Basically, you get a warning if you go above a certain level. I never have a problem with it, since I try to focus on fish, veggies, and fruits, and my biggest issue is carbs not necessarily fat.

That said, if I eat a steak or pretty much any red meat I know I'll get the red flag of death.

5. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

There is no identifiable correlation between saturated fat intake and either arterial disease or cardiac problems. Any discrepancy is between policy organizations and the scientific consensus, not within the literature.

1 person likes this.
  6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Having a hard time getting protein at 40% of diet . So far cottages cheese and tuna fish have been a life saver. Unfortunately protein shakes have helped too. Need to start eating more fish, need leaner meats.

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Been stocking up on cans of tuna at WinCo. Lifesaver when you need to down some light, fast protein.

8. APK

APK Senior member

Greek yogurt has always been a handy staple in getting me to protein intake targets.

9. javyn

javyn Senior member

Does the mercury content scare you?

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i never understood the point of doing diets by macro ratios. it makes much more sense to do it as a certain amount of protein, cho, or fats per bodyweight.

2 people like this.
  11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Wasn't really aware...

Well, maybe that'll be the last time I buy then... :uhoh:

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

honestly imo concerns of mercury is rather overblown

13. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I always found cal/protein intake to be primary and fat/carbs secondary. Just hit your target cals and get enough protein.

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

just got my scale in the mail
    so much easier
    is this real life?

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

This has low mercury
    http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Planet-S...1871718&sr=8-1&keywords=wild+planet+tuna+fish

It's a bit more expensive than regular bumblebea tuna but if you look at the nutrition facts it has about 12 more grams of protein per can. Still though, would probably only eat 3-4 cans a week at most.

16. Saenek

Saenek Senior member

+1000000

I'd be more worried about your polyunsatured fat intake from stuff like "vegetable" oils - pretty much processed shit. I use butter/ghee, coconut oil, and olive oil.

17. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

What is wrong with the world? Two guys at the gym tonight did over 10 sets of "squats". Of course, anybody thinking that many sets is a good idea likely has terrible form as well - which they did. The deepest I saw them go was to a half squat position.

Best exchange:
    1: "I'm just helping you remember how to squat. It's like a bicycle, it'll come back eventually"
    2: "I know I haven't squatted in a while, but bitch, I have good form"
    Proceeds to do what looks like a hybrid of a good morning and half squat. He was also only doing 135lbs but had a fair old grunt. Quality.

18. javyn

javyn Senior member

I don't know if they are or not, and granted I tend not to worry about it and eat lots of it, I was just curious what others thought.

Don't let me deter anyone from eating tuna, plz.

19. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

You have to check out the frozen shrimp at Costco.

20. knucks

knucks Senior member

[​IMG]

update.

3 people like this.