• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
you doing intensity insanity?
Sheesh, now that's insane. You'd need a couple hours a day to do that. It's high-intensity interval training videos, which are no joke, but nothing like intensity insanity, tho. I mean, the guy that did that became Mr. America, & I'm not delusional enough to aim that high. Just trying to stay trim enough to keep wearing my high school pants
laugh.gif

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Insanity progressively fucked up my GF's knees, too.

Pull the **** out of a neck muscle yesterday doing overhead presses. This happens every 6 months. Really bad this time.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
about 9% now

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
same, haven't been able to shrug for 3 months

Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Insanity progressively fucked up my GF's knees, too.

Pull the **** out of a neck muscle yesterday doing overhead presses. This happens every 6 months. Really bad this time.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I forgot what the Fat Loss workouts from The New Rules of Lifting leaves you feeling like. Most of the supersets call for equipment that, at my gym, is scattered between the weight room and cardio room. This means that my "rest periods" are spent speed walking to the other room with my allotted time.

Hey, do you have any more info on this, I am intrigued...

joei

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
about 9% now

Your 9% bf at 210? You must look pretty brolic dude, well depending on how tall you are. What are you using to measure bf%?

I'm looking for some sore of in home solution. I heard tanita scales are unreliable

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i got dunk tanked last week, which will have to do short of an autopsy.
smile.gif

I am 6'2 for the record. goal for end of year is 9-11% bf at 225

joei

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Agreed - after 2 months my knees had had enough. It's been about 6 weeks though, so I thought I'd try it again. We'll see how it goes. Bought my wife the newer Turbo Fire workout so that we can do it together, but I can't stand the instructor...so f'ing annoying.
What does your RFL workout consist of? Strictly cardio? If so, what kind?

Nah mostly lifting weights. Lots of reps, low weight. I do cardio everyday I workout for about 20 min but I can only do half of my max. My 5k now is horrendous ;[

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
Hey, do you have any more info on this, I am intrigued...

New Rules of Lifting. Certainly not the only great book on lifting out there, but it's the only one I've heard so many great things about that I actually bought a new copy.

Ideal for the new lifter because a lot of the book is dedicated to describing the five big movements, along with giving descriptions of dozens of lifts (with pictures). The real treat is the series of programs tacked on to the end. These programs are broken up into three goal categories (Fat Loss, Hypertrophy and Strength). These are further divided into phases, with each phase lasting probably four-five weeks, depending on frequency. There's nine or 10 phases in all.

I bought the book three years ago and it's what got me doing lifts like barbell squats and deadlifts. The programs are challenging enough where you can come back to a particular phase and still get a taxing workout regardless of how far along you are with lifting.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
New Rules of Lifting. Certainly not the only great book on lifting out there, but it's the only one I've heard so many great things about that I actually bought a new copy.

Ideal for the new lifter because a lot of the book is dedicated to describing the five big movements, along with giving descriptions of dozens of lifts (with pictures). The real treat is the series of programs tacked on to the end. These programs are broken up into three goal categories (Fat Loss, Hypertrophy and Strength). These are further divided into phases, with each phase lasting probably four-five weeks, depending on frequency. There's nine or 10 phases in all.

I bought the book three years ago and it's what got me doing lifts like barbell squats and deadlifts. The programs are challenging enough where you can come back to a particular phase and still get a taxing workout regardless of how far along you are with lifting.

Thanks alot, I've burned out on all the usual stuff and have been looking for a change, I'm definitely gonna have to pick this book up. I just tired of lifting with my powerlifting buddies, it's gotten really old...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's definitely worth it. I bought it when it was still fairly new, so it was hardcover or bust. I've seen the paperback go for less than $10, which is a steal.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
It's definitely worth it. I bought it when it was still fairly new, so it was hardcover or bust. I've seen the paperback go for less than $10, which is a steal.

I just got a used hardcover off of Amazon for $6.48, thanks again for the info, I am doing some more research and reading the reviews and it looks like a winner...

joei

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I just skimmed through the books online. Its almost the same as this book http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Health-Ho...dp/1579546579/ . <~ which is what I used when I first started lifting 2 years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads