Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

That's gonna be hard to get this weekend in fucking China... come at me lamb skewers of questionable authenticity

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

If you go in accepting there'll be dog in it, it's way more palatable.

3. gort

gort Senior member

Supposed to meet a girl for drinks tomorrow night, she really wants to go to this mexican place for happy hour margaritas. Trying to figure out the best way to indulge in a few margaritas without going overboard calorie-wise tomorrow. Tomorrow was going to be a rest day but should probably get some cardio in before work tomorrow if I'm going to have sugary margaritas. Normally I'd just say fuck it but I'm going on a cruise next week and know it'll be 4 days of gluttony.

4. APK

APK Senior member

Knowing nothing about you, I'd say don't pass up the date. If anything, do what you can do clean up one of those cruise days.

I'm in a bit of similar situation myself. I kind of have a standing date with this girl I'm seeing Saturday nights for what turns into a night of many drinks. I've been recomping since January and the results have been a bit slow. My weekends aren't the total mess they once were, but I know they are probably slowing down my fat loss right now. Trying to figure out how to swing a night with drinking involved with the minimal amount of damage.

5. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Drink real margaritas. Problem solved.

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

drink clear liquor straight up, don't hit up the burger joint afterwards, there you go

how enjoyable that is depends totally on you but will get the job done in the least amount of calories. Not that it really matters though, the main point is to avoid eating while on teh sauce. IIRC ethanol gets priority treatment by your body so everything you do eat gets stored.

7. APK

APK Senior member

Thankfully, eating after boozing hasn't been an issue for me at all lately, since I've had other things to take care of at the end of these nights. :)

8. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Went off the posture routine back to my previous lifting prog, still on the new diet though. Gonna finish out this cut and then go on to the posture shit before bulking.

9. acularw

acularw Senior member

I always default on some whisky or bourbon neat or on the rocks when trying to watch calories. Another option is to just get a skinny margarita. That cuts the calories down to about a light beer.

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

If any of you are really worried about having one additional day with excess calories (ON A DATE)..

you've got more problems than you think.

11. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

x2. Live your life. You aren't 3 weeks out from Mr. O trying to cut down...

12. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I was trying to err on the side of not being an asshole for once, but now that you mention it, yes.

13. gort

gort Senior member

I just figured they were all full of sugar. Now for the :hide: , what's the comp of said real margarita? Just tequilla and lime juice chilled?

I think you're right and typically I wouldn't, I'd just handle it the few days after, but like I said with my vacation in a few days I wanted to try to keep things as clean as possible up until then to not ruin progress. :embar: I'll stop being a puss now.:satisfied:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

14. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Back on squats, feeling a bit sore in the groin but doesnt seem like bad pain, cautiously optimistic. What do folks here think about Rippetoe's low bar back squat videos? I am trying to refine my form and wondering if his instruction is a good starting point?

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Rippetoe is solid early instruction for anyone. You may modify things over time but there's probably no good reason not to read him.