Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

I think Kai Greene and most Mr. Olympia types look pretty gross :hide:

But if that's what you (or anyone else) enjoys, go for it. I do respect the discipline and hard work required to achieve that state, I just think that the end result is rather silly-looking.

2. APK

APK Senior member

Same here. Then again, the late Ravishing Rick Rude is kind of my ideal physique, so whatever.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

No I think they look shit too, by in shape bodies I meant like the 2 younger guys in the audience. Wouldn't really consider an IFBB pro as in shape.

4. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

They look impressive, unfortunately most people equate body builders with looking like them however advanced you are. I think that bodybuilding contests are a bit weird, but each to their own. I wouldn't say pro bodybuilders look attractive, partly because of their size and partly because seeing every individual muscle fibre in their body creeps me out.

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Enjoyed watching that. Surely even natural bodybuilding is not very healthy? Forcing down like twice the normal amount of calories every day to make your body bigger than it wants to be. But generally a bodybuilder will make healthier food choices and have better nutrition than the average couch potato. Found it annoying how some of the people were classing the young guys as having some sort of mental problem, when in reality they themselves are probably lazy slobs who are insecure about making an effort to improve their body, and so attack those that do make an effort.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Dead at 41, with a history of using gear.

7. gort

gort Senior member

I just like wanna be lean bro, like Brad Pitt in fight club. What can I do to tone my abz? :happy:

8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

P90X?? :hide:

9. APK

APK Senior member

Well yeah, I didn't say his method of attaining that physique were ideal. But to me, he had the ideal balance between muscularity and leanness.

10. gort

gort Senior member

But like, while that help me tone? I really want to tone.

On a serious note, I'm a little worried with the frequency of upping the weight for my squats for SS since it's such an easy exercise to do half ass ROM on. Thinking of dialing it back a little to make sure I keep perfect form as the weight climbs. Felt I was cheating a little on my last workout.

11. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

My limited understanding about P90X is that it is all about tone.

12. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I have no first hand experience, but one of my friends went crazy and bought ALL the shit (dvds, equipment, supplements, etc). Dropped big money... but he got the results he wanted. Kinda went from skinny-fat to just skinny. From a second hand stand point, just looks like a program to cut body fat and teach nutrition to the completely clueless. You're not going to build any muscle unless you're completely unconditioned.

Similar results can be had without P90X at a tiny fraction of the cost (almost shit myself when I found out how much the supps cost)... but some people just need Tony Horton to tell them exactly what to eat and do.

13. gort

gort Senior member

Speaking of wrestlers juicing and dying, is Scott Steiner still alive? When I was a fan years ago he suddenly became twice his original size out of nowhere.

14. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

yep, still wrestling in TNA as far as i know

15. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Yep. And still wrestling apparently. I don't follow this shit that closely but somehow wrestling (WWF/WWE type of stuff) seems to come up at work every other day.