Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Most non oly lifters i have witnessed with a large front squat use the cross armed variation.
    Case in point:
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

According to the scale i've put on almost 3lb this week. I've only really been eating when hungry, at about 4000 calories per day (possibly a bit more), and never had to force anything down. Im only training upper body so i hope im lifting hard enough to be eating like this. I assume not training legs doesnt mean you are more likely to get fat, as long as you still train hard on everything else.

Also, trying to find a balance between forcing the weight up as much as possible and keeping good form. Is a bench press that goes up shakily and one side up, then the other side, actually working the chest properly?

3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

For those of you's having trouble with holding the bar on front squats (wrist, shoulder, or elbow issues).. try them out holding straps.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Well it does because your not going to being burning as many calories pressing and curling as you will squatting and deadlifting, your not moving your body as far. If your worried about chest hypertrophy DB incline bench.

Never found the strap method works on front squat, bar always rolled forward and I couldn't pull up without my hands slipping off the straps because of how small they are. Everyone should just develop wrist flexibility and do the clean grip.

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I am still doing deadlifts, once a week heavy low reps and then once with the ones where you go down to shin level and back up, as there isnt enough weight in the other gym to do proper deads with. Hopefully will be able to squat again soon, but i guess i will have to go light for a while which wont be much good. My thinking is that the guys with like 17" arms and 18" legs must have bulked up somehow lol.

6. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Mysteriously, more upper back work has enabled me to project my shoulders further forward.

7. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

It's something like 30-40 bucks. The racks I've seen aren't all that cheap so spending $300 on a new one, delivered to me, doesn't seem like such a bad deal.

8. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Started a posture correcting routine, not sure if it's actually helping with the APT but I've got 3 more weeks on it so we'll see. Down to 160 today, think I'm still losing but slowly, might still be building muscle even because I'm still noticing a difference. I'll post a progress pic in a couple weeks.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Don't understand what people have against body building, if you stay natty its extremely healthy, if you say your running a marathon people will like your ass because its apparently so healthy for you, but deadlift more then 135 "OMG BACK IS GONNA EXPLODE JUST DO LIGHT WEIGHT AND TONE"

Lol at monogloids saying they don't find in shape bodies aesthetic
    Lol at multi vitamin is evil
    Lol at beta analine is a scary drug
    Lol at more then an hour in the gym is unhealthy
    Lol at supplements don't help you get cut when something like DNP can let you shed a pound a day
    Lol at do you even lift people talking about health.

10. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Stuff like DNP or clen are dangerous and stupid, the only people that would take them are people that are impatient and willing to risk their health for essentially no reason.

I'd rather lose at optimum rates - 2 to 2.5 lbs/wk for me - than risk dying of hyperthermia or heart failure to reach my goals a few weeks sooner.

EDIT: But I agree with everything else you say, that video was dumb.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

11. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i disagree dnp and clen is widely documented and thoroughly researched. under safe controlled dosages i think it's fine.

espcially with dnp there's no risk of death by hyperthermia and heart failure if well calibrated to the user

the only time people have died (the same with ephederine) was when people were stupid and/or desparate and took a ton of it at one time and then died because of it (by hyperthermia and heart failure)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

12. mrchariybrown

The medical professionals put up valid points.

I wanted to punch some of the audience members for being idiots though.

13. mrchariybrown

Oh, and I'm with KC on dnp and clen.

14. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

What does a posture correcting routine entail? I have a similar issue with my pelvis.

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

watching joe defranco videos and being jelly of how 18 year olds can bench 405 and squat it dynamically and then hit like 50" box jumps and sprint fast as fuck. How is this even possible? Feels badman.