Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Just posting a progress pic for kind of a starting point for my cut. This is me at 200lbs this morning. Going to try to take it down to 190 by mid april and then probably 185 by summer.

[​IMG]

2. einfallsloserName123

einfallsloserName123 Well-Known Member

Hi people!

How long should I wait between weight training and running? Is it OK, when there are only about 2h between or does this prevent this the muscle building from weight training a lot?

Thanks in advance!

edit: I didn't train my legs in the weight training.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

3. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

just dump it, maybe jump back a little or land on your ass so the bar doesn't catch you on the knees or thighs. It's not really complicated at all.

front squat more. much more.
    mobility can be an issue too
    heavy ab and back work maybe

4. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Ah yes, the appeal to authority. Unless it's a custom designed program for your goals and lifestyle, I disagree.

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

you need to wait 137 minutes, otherwise your body will begin to devour itself and you may wake up the next morning without your skeletal muscles and/or liver

yes yes, running and walking will train them nicely.

6. gort

gort Senior member

Going on a cruise in 2 weeks, leanest I've been in a while. Feelsgoodman.jpg I'm supposed to get drunk with a buddy tonight but have a hockey game prior to that and will bounce back accordingly tomorrow with a good workout so hopefully it does very little damage.

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Don't be that guy. If you want to shine somebody on and then give him a piece of good advice that's all in good fun, but don't just jerk somebody around.

Enjoy yourself! Just don't let yourself go too crazy at the buffet (except on lobster and crab night, then, go crazy).

8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

oh come on, I'm super cereal!

9. einfallsloserName123

einfallsloserName123 Well-Known Member

Sorry, if my post sounded confusing.
    I train my legs with weights, too, but I split weight training and didn't train legs today. And I just wanted to know, if it makes a big difference for the muscle building, when I go running only a few hours after the weight training today. Some say running helps the body to recover, but is that just the case, when I do it on days, on which I didn't trained otherwise?
    And before somebody askes, I don't care, if I will be as good in running today, as I am on days, on which I didn't make weight training.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Thanks man, I was guessing thats the only way. Just hurt my wrists a bit because I haven't gotten used to it.

Mobility is not an issue, but I will definitely start doing front squats more and maybe those front squat iso holds.

11. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Anyone do SS/SL and not manage the squatting 3x/week? Been doing it for the last 4 months and it seems like I'll make gains one week, then stall for like a week. Maybe I'm just a giant pussy but I can't seem to recover from it as fast as other dudes (min 3k cal/day, BWg protein/day, 8hrs of sleep). Wondering if age has anything to do with it (I'm 32) and/or the year and half before that spent doing bullshit routines squandering my noob gains.

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

New goal: rock the fuck out of yoga. Dropping the kettlebell shit to do so.

Gonna do barefoot running and a bit of lifting 2-3x a week (probably 2) and aim to do yoga 3x a week. Gonna keep the movements simple, because i"m just maintaining and I really want to get good at yoga/running, plus I work out during lunch and don't have tons of time.

Workouts are now running, followed by Bench + DB Row. or Squat + Weighted Pull-Ups--Yoga taxes the shit out of my shoulders and running hits my hammies/calves/core pretty hard.

2 days into it. Yesterday Yoga, today running+lifting.. Looking at the yoga classes at the Equinoxes around me for tomorrow. This is going to happen, despite the fact that 75% of the classes offered are Vinyasa/Power shit which is like yoga-pilates. Fucking A-Type rich new yorkers can't do chilled out yoga.

Aside: Finally benched 185x3x10. Furk yeah.

13. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

You cant "squander" your new noob gains. If you havent made them, then you still can, if you have already made them...then you made them. Dont know what your goal is but i would suggest eating a lot more. You need a real over load of calories to recover on SS i think, i put a stone on with it pretty quick. If you arent making gains then you should be resetting the weight and working back up. In 4 months im assuming you added at least 150lb to your squat. If not then you havent been doing it properly. I managed 2 months before the volume of squats was too much and i came off it.

14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I think that's it. I'm 24 and can't recover nearly as fast as I could at 19.

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

SS isn't that high volume, could do it on a cut if you aren't strong. 5x5 3 times a week really isn't much considering none of the sets are supposed to be taken to failure.

Always assumed bacon was like near my age or like 22, I don't want to be old and have to take months off for injuries and not be able to lift heavy 5 days in a row every week, don't leave me 18 year old recovery.