Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Man full fat - or even 2% - is like crack to me. Fat Free cottage cheese isn't even food, though.

Anyways, if you're looking for a hit of protein with no other macros have you thought of getting some protein isolate? True Nutrition sells the best IMO. They have a few different types that go through different microfiltration processes but in the past I just got this one. Fair warning on this stuff, if you add it to something else or add flavor to it it tastes fine but by itself it tastes like ass. Also, in dry form it's no problem but the second you add water to this stuff it starts degrading, so if you let it sit around after adding water for like 5 minutes it smells like a fart; I've made the mistake of not washing my shaker bottle out right away after using this, and letting it sit all day, and it reeks.

What about greek yogurt? Turkey? Shrimp (I keep a bunch in my freezer for exactly this reason)? There's tons of options besides canned tuna (YUCK).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yeah, and look at one of the top guys right now in sport - Stan Efferding. Not natural at all. But he's a beast.

That being said, the there is a healthy split of records held between am/pro. Probably 50/50. And out of the top 100 powerlifters in the world at any given time, I'd say much less than 50% are on gear. It's not like bodybuilding where you NEED steroids to compete at pro level. In powerlifting, there's not need for steroids. As long as you stay in the weight class your frame is naturally best at, and you put the time and effort in, you can do fairly well (up to a point with genetics and body composition/limb length/etc).

3. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

For what it's worth, I've been doing the 5/3/1 protocol for my main lifts the past few months....while progress has been slow, it has been steady. It helped me move past my plateaus in the squat, bench, and OHP.

My suggestion? Stop trying to press 110 for 5x3, drop the weight, and built back up.

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

2200lb raw total, is this real life?

5. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Are you me? Almost time for forced deload for me.

Also, you guys doing the zig zag shit, how the fuck are you eating so little and still making gains?

6. knucks

knucks Senior member

Guys, just don't start a "well if it wasn't for steroids, he wouldn't be that strong" discussion.

Please and thank you.

7. gort

gort Senior member

My shitty gym only has one squat rack. Another in the area just had a whole renovation, I called them and they have *gasp* two squat racks. I'm going there to have a free trial today. Both old and potential new gym only have one platform, though.

8. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

My maintenance has probably been at 2500-2800 and I've been eating 1700-1900 and I've been making strength gains while losing fat.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

Wasn't saying that, it's not like with a bit of test or dbol I'd be benching 600lb.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

If your not performing the oly lifts you don't really need a platform. You can do deadlifts anywhere you want.

11. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yeah, it's nuts. Can't wait til Konstantinovs answers back since he's healthy again.

I agree with this. I don't even think steroids is necessary for powerlifting. (Bodybuilding is a different story.. mainly slin).

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

i mean, youre entitled to your opinion

13. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

My diet and plan is set-up to work together, I also tore my hip flexor last November, so my lifting plan was set-up to also work around my rehab. It's more of a body builder style routine with high reps per set, I've definitely seen an increase in all my lifts, but when you're pumping 20 reps with 45 seconds in between sets it's kinda hard to move a ton of weight or expect to see significant strength increases.

14. theecaptain

theecaptain Well-Known Member

I'd drop back down to 90 or 95 lbs and build back 5lb each time you ohp. 110 should feel easier when you reach it again.

15. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Thanks guys, sounds like pretty consistent feedback. Will drop the weight and build back up. This was the advice in the SS wiki as well.