Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Oh god that sounds horrible. When my friend broke up with his long term gf last week he convinced me to eat a can of cold tuna and wash it down with sambuca to cheer him up. Almost vommed.

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Blech!

Blech x2!

PSA: I got my Costco Coupon book in the mail today and the 4lbs tub of Muscle Milk protein powder is $8 off (which I think would bring the cost down to $36). Not sure if that's a deal or not, but just thought I would put that out there.

While I know such talk is considered blasphemy in this thread, I feel so much better after my cardio workouts than I do after my lifting workouts. I feel relaxed and at ease instead of spent and like I want to throw up.

3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for the support and kind words man. Here's to hoping it stays like that :)

That sounds horrifying. Must be a really good friend.

4. knucks

knucks Senior member

Gotcha, wasnt sure if you were trying to outlift others.

Of course there are going to be seasoned 198ers :nodding:

5. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Liquid egg whites by the gallon have become my savior for those moments, I hate, hate, hate tuna out of a can. John has you on the 40/35/25 macro ration? What calories does he have you on, I know they're all for the individual, but I am just curious more than anything else. My lowest day is 1,480 and my highest is 2,645 for example...

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

my lowest day is 1500 and highest is 2700, so we're about the same. takes some getting used to. what do you do with the egg whites, just pour them into a shake? i love eating eggs, but cooking egg whites doesn't do anything for me. i used to hate tuna, but olive oil + franks red hot makes it palatable at least. same deal with cottage cheese, i hated it my entire life, but just started eating it out of necessity and now i can down a 1/2 litre tub (60g protein) no problem as long as i have water to wash it down.

one thing im surprised at is how few carbs you are allotted on low days. 25% of 1500 isn't a whole lot... gonna have to cut back on my french toast/fruit/syrup breakfast :(

7. mrchariybrown

Haha what seasoned 181/198ers am I going to outlift with those numbers? lol :embar:

I'm hoping I'll be pretty competitive (number-wise) starting next year :)

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

400 lb man asked me to spot him today benching 315. I weigh 150. Felt bad because I made a 'o lawd dis gon b good' face and he said a couple things real fast but it was only because my ability to save him would be extremely limited and I tried to explain real quick. Anyway, he did it 6 times and I didn't have to touch the bar. He touched his chest but admittedly with his grip his chest was a 8 inch rom.

What percentage of individuals at a meet do you think have juiced at some point in their lives?

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

did you do the nohomo bearhug spot? great mental image of 150lbs bearhugging 400 hehe

10. mrchariybrown

Depends. In amateur division, I would say not that much. Probably <10%. In the pro division, I'd say 60+% (probably more though).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012

11. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

He only benched so none of that. Only the dick dangle as I stood above his forehead. I am not very tall, either, so I was envisioning if he needed assistance I would definitely have to step over his face to be able to exert any upward force on the bar at all. I mean, for me to exert 100 lbs of upward force at my belly button, the bar must be close to my core as I'll simply tip over.

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Got tired of my routine, so added weighted pullups and dips today. Just 25lbs extra today, but FEELSGOODMAN

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

People always assume that its only body builders that are on gear and all the strong men and powerlifters are natty. Louie Simmons hasn't been off cycle in like 20 years, Im guessing wendler and tate aren't natty either. I just assume everyone at a high level has used the cell tech.

14. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I usually cook them up or mix them with my Casein powder to make a pudding. I take one cup egg whites, one whole egg, dash of salt and pepper, splash of milk and make an omelette that also has 1tbsp fresh grated parmesan and two cups of fresh spinach. You'd be surprised how much food you can eat on your low-cal days if you just keep it simple, I stick with oven roasted sweet potatoes, green beans and chicken breast on those days, stir-fry is another great option as well. I don't eat much sugar in the first place and besides loving great beer (which I've cut out for the most part) I actually have a harder time getting most of my carbs in...

15. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Have been stuck on 110lbs OHP for a few weeks now. Have been trying to do three sets of five. After a bunch of tries (4/3/3, 4/4/2 etc) finally threw up five today but was only able to get three reps and then one rep on the remaining sets. Would you guys keep working at 110lbs or move up? I am also trying to increase my assistance work to help break through the plateau (DB press, barbell row, facepulls etc).