Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

It's ephedrine. It's also used as an EC stack (you gradually mix 20-25mg of ephedrine with 200mg of caffeine 3 times a day). I tried and still use it on a cut, works quite well, especially in the first couple of days where you literally loose your appetite. The stack is pretty cheap too and easily obtainable (seperatly). Watch out though, if you have an heart condition or having heavy side effects, you should back off and either stop or reduce the dosage. Listen to your body. Otherwise, take it in intervalls of 4-6 hours and not much later than 5-6 hours before your sleeping time as you may have difficulties going to sleep. There's also an ECA stack which also mix aspirine with epheredine and caffeine but I never tried and would probably won't. Anyone heard of the HEAT stack from Avant's lab or something? heard it was the ''new EC stack''.
    Yeah, I don't really need to cut weight and I have a heart murmur so I'm not gonna take that.

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

4. captmomo

captmomo Senior member

NO+Elite

When I run out I might try jack3d. People at the gym I bought it at said I should try ephadril pills or something, didn't know what it was though and it came in some dodgy looking clear plastic bottle.

jack3d is just 1,3dimeth, caffeine, creatine and small amounts of everything else.
    older versions contain theophylline, a bronchilator. might want to check which version is retailing at your local store.

1,3dimeth gives some a very bad crash after the effects wear off so your mileage may vary. i myself am not a fan of anything that contains 1,3dimeth

5. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

NO products are a complete waste of money. You can get the same pump by consuming some carbs and proteins pre-workout. Plus, I have read somewhere reputable (Aragon or Lyle maybe) that NO inhibits lipolysis, so it might actually be counterproductive. Why not have some carbs and protein pre-workout instead and actually get some anabolic benefit instead?

6. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

NO products are a complete waste of money. You can get the same pump by consuming some carbs and proteins pre-workout. Plus, I have read somewhere reputable (Aragon or Lyle maybe) that NO inhibits lipolysis, so it might actually be counterproductive. Why not have some carbs and protein pre-workout instead and actually get some anabolic benefit instead?

When I have used various NO products I can say that the pumps I've gotten from the "most effective" in that regard have been far more noticeable than when I am totally carbed up, even using waxy maize pre-wo for example.

HOWEVER: I have never noticed any useful long-term benefit. Not better growth, not better energy or anything else I feel I could ascribe to NO. In one case, the resulting pump eventually hindered the workout as it restricted ROM. Additionally, it upset my stomach. So while it might have helped my ego in the gym, I don't see any real benefit.

7. Nil

Nil Senior member

8. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

9. virus646

virus646 Senior member

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

At what point should you start using a belt? The last week of testing 1RM's was hell on my lower back. I don't think i was injured, maybe strained at worst, and next week is deload week, so i'll certainly have time to recover, but i figure it's a good thing to know.

11. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

As a minimum, just use it for max efforts. I wouldn't throw it on for all your lifts, or if you're just doing a 5x5.

12. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

It's funny what just three days of being "off" on your diet and no lifting + cardio can do to your midsection.. man I have a nice bloat going on. Being basically on keto and doing this dirty carb-up is definitely not helping [​IMG]

What can I say, advanced microec is KICKING my ass... (excuses, excuses, I know)

13. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

The bloat goes away just as quickly.

14. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Starting round 2 of Insanity today...round 1 was killer but I ended up loving it.

15. joei

joei Senior member

Starting round 2 of Insanity today...round 1 was killer but I ended up loving it.

Tried insanity for a couple of weeks... its a killer on my knees. Had to stop.

Right now I'm on RFL as part of a cut and I've lost about 15 lbs so far.