Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Nice. That's why I'm always wired before bed.

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hahahahaha what genius told you that?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  3. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

Statements like that can't even hold up to the broscientific method.

4. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

It is a derivation of the Mogwai-Gremlin Principle.

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

Was reading mens health magazines in the doctors office. Leaned all kinds of great things. All kind of complexes, which have you use the same weight for squats as presses and tricep extensions, that I should super set lateral raises and squats and a high carb low protein diet is good for putting on muscle.

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

A lot of mh workout advice is crap (though more articles than you'd expect recommend heavy compound lifts), but the career, sex/relationship and diet advice is usually p. solid. Also the little life hacks are pretty great too.

7. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

Watching olympic lifting videos on youtube before bed is a terrible decision. I always get so excited and pumped up and then I have trouble falling asleep.

8. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Trained at that small neighborhood gym tonight (with the 2 racks and bumper plates)... found out it's one of those gyms where they let pt's train clients... except this tiny ass gym had like a dozen trainers in there tonight. The ones I talked to were nice but one of them wouldn't stop offering unsolicited advice while I was benching. Didn't say shit while I was squatting or doing my power cleans. Thanks for ruining it for me, bitch. Back to my old gym...

9. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Someone at work. Seems to be working for him but I won't be following it.

10. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

That sucks, Bacon. Maybe you should try wearing false earbuds.

11. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Trying to rehab my hip flexor by doing the adductor machine and high rep squats with just the bar, which i read somewhere i think it was by rippetoe. Injured it 2 weeks or so ago and it still hurts when squatting the bar. I definitley have short and tight flexor's and i also have pelvic tilt which im trying to sort. I think they are the weak point in my squat as its so hard for me to keep my knees out on higher weights. Not sure how the injury happened though considering there was no pain during the workout that started it, surely a muscle pull would be a sharp pain, not develop over time.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Have you tried doing some cardio on the bike? The constant pedaling really helped out my hip flexors. Of course, I haven't done it in a month since my fucking groin is still FUBARED.

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

unsolicited advice is the worst, and is deserving of a nut-kick. try a nut-kick

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

So much pain in my jaw. Ibuprofen isn't doing anything. Considering going to buy some weed, but I think toking would hurt too much. No fucks given about diet today, just eating yoghurt and broth. Hopefully Ill be able to lift by thursday.

15. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Was thinking about a karate chop to the throat. One of his helpful tips was to collar the weight (even tho there were no safety pins to catch the bar). Also note that he never offered to spot me.

My 2 cents from when I injured my hip flexors and adductors (not at the same time)... laid off of squats and deadlifts (just getting setup for a deadlift was painful) for 7-10 days. Came back, started with super light weight and high reps and gradually increased weight/lowered reps. Now I'm back to not being able to move big weight because I'm weak and have shit form (instead of being in pain).