Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Distinguished Member

just had 40 chicken mcnuggets and 5g of creapure for dinner. inb4 pinkchickensoftserve.jpg

on the way to mcd's in my pajamas, saw a small gym i never noticed a few doors down. they were closed but the lights were on...

- bumper plates (my gym does not have)
    - twice as many power cages as my gym
    - half the distance
    - half the cost (checked online)
    - and half the operating hours :fu:

2. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior Member

WTF happened in this thread? 3 pages of dudes without shirts, and now 2 pages of fast food discussion.

3. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

I think that everyone in this thread gets their period at the same time. This is a once a month occurrence.

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

Bingo.

5. APK

APK Distinguished Member

So this thread is reserved exclusively for e-dick wagging about our lifts? Noted.

6. Pilot

Pilot Distinguished Member

I think a certain someone lead both of the charges with nudie picks and fast food talk...

7. APK

APK Distinguished Member

:D

I guess I'm more lax with the above since it isn't as though they are totally unrelated to the topic, which admittedly, invites a wide range of talking points. I'd guess most of us cook most of the food we eat, but still find ourselves having to pony up to the fast food counter now and again when we don't really want to. As for the shirtless pictures, whatever. I know some dudes are just about lifting as much weight as they want and to hell with aesthetics, but I'd bet most of us just want to look good naked.

8. Pilot

Pilot Distinguished Member

x 2.

I'm on the road 2/3 of the month. Fucking difficult for me to eat "clean." I'm jut proud as long as I can still keep a six pack. I look better than I do the past few weeks when I posted pics. I'm trying to drop a good 10-15lbs, but it's difficult when I have to figure out where I can eat decent food every day I'm in a different city.

9. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

im cutting too and my head hurts and my stomach is empty and oh god i just want to eat something. anything

10. APK

APK Distinguished Member

You still zig-zagging calories or has John got you eating under maintenance every day at the same macros as before? I know he's not a fan of going low carb to drop BF.

11. jarude

jarude Distinguished Member

yep, zigzagging at 40/25/35 as opposed to 40/30/30, this is the lowest day of the week. supposed to be 1700 today but to be honest im at 2000, 75% of my cals were at breakfast 10am 15 hours ago so i got one of those awesome sick-from-hunger nausea/headache dealios and ate some yogurt and CC. gonna have to stock up on low-calorie snack stuff; dill pickles here i come. mmm... sodium..

so far overall im liking the zigzag method, i feel like it will be easier to hit a different target each day. hitting the same total throughout the week quickly gets bumped higher and higher... 2300 turns to 2500 turns to 3000 turns to eat everything. then again its been less than a week so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012

12. APK

APK Distinguished Member

I've done zig-zag since early January with 40/25/35 and love it. Fat loss is probably slower than with more aggressive cuts, but this is the first time I've done any form of cutting where I haven't been constantly clamoring for a big calorie day or cheat meal.

It's also kind of fun to take my targeted calorie intake for the day and piece together the foods in Fitday to meet that target. Almost like putting together a puzzle.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012

13. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

Can someone explain this ZigZag method please? I have no ideas what the fuck you guys are talking about.

14. APK

APK Distinguished Member

More or less consuming a different number of calories each day rather than downing the same amount every day. Right now, I've got three days that are probably no more than a few hundred calories over maintenance (not coincidentally my lifting days), two slightly below, and two probably a few hundred calories under maintenance. Macros are the same all days, which helps a ton, since going super low carb on non-lifting days was hell.

15. kicno10

kicno10 Member

This guy here has a big section about traveling and staying in shape if you're interested.

Pretty standard sales copy but the guy is from Harvard, could be legit.

9to5health.com

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012