Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

affirmative

2. theom-

theom- Senior member

3. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Hate lifting saturdays, gym is full of the downies. Cannot wait for the elite powerliftersz to constantly critique every movement I do and tell me how I need to follow westside to get huge. Gonna use the only squat rack for 2 hours and do 20 sets.

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

If you need a spot on the bench just ask a random dude. They're pretty nice about it usually.

The line is "hey bro, can i get a spot?"

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

FUCKING HATE THE POWERLIFTERS ON SATURDAY SO MUCH. If your squatting 1.5x bw in a suit I don't want your advice. Asked the guy who the fuck he was to be giving me advice, did not appreciate it, his reply was "clive". 2 of them were really nice, just one of them is such a dick. Also full cleaned 70kg for 1, alright I suppose.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I lift alone, I hate lifting with other people. I never use a spotter unless someone straight up offers, but that takes some getting used to so you don't get yourself in a bad spot.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Ordered 10kg of unflavoured whey. It's3 quid cheaper per kg, but god it tastes disgusting. Still 76 quid for 10kg is not bad at all.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I fucking lol'ed so hard at the image of this.

10. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Finally added 2.5kg to my 3 x 5 bench. Benching more seems to be helping. Im not doing any lower body work at the moment, did some leg press with like 125kg and even that was too painful on hip flexors....so its all upper body until that heals. Should still be able to make good gains, if the average arms-as-big-as-legs guy at my gym is anything to go by.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

If I couldn't do leg work and my bench was lagging I would do smolov jr for the bench press for the lolz.

Wisdom teeth coming out on monday, expecting a couple days off. Cannot wait to train high on codeine or whatever they give me.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Srs questions Fuji - do you have any hobbies? Or anything you do with your time outside of the gym other than study for your exams and bang your girlfriend?

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

Does getting going occasionally count as a hobby? Also I am trying to find a job so I have something to do. Pretty much all my friends went to uni, I have nothing to do for a year, its really shit so I might as well get hench. Also my gf works full time so I barely see her. The gym and recovery is what takes up most of my time, feels bad man. Really hoping to get some bar work soon so im not so bored.

14. gort

gort Senior member

This makes sense for squatting since you can just fall and let the bar catch, but not for bench unless you aren't touching the bar to your chest when you bring it down. If you are bringing the bar to your chest, if you had to drop the bar, it would still crush you because the cage supports would be lower than your chest line. Make sense? That it, unless somehow your chest line is exactly 100% matched up to cage supports which seems pretty unlikely.

Anyone seen the ads for this thing? http://www.rackworkout.com/

It's always playing on the NHL network and it always makes me laugh. The dips and ab rolls would be good but when the guy is doing squats with it, it's just silly.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

you need to arch when you bench, thus you can set the pins at a level slightly below your chest, when you fail release your arch the supports will be at a level that you won't be crushed.