Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I don't get the cycle of add weight and cut like a beast. Why not just... build at the weight you want to be at and avoid that?

2. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I wonder if the cleaning lady posts gym stories on an Internet forum she hangs out at.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

I think its faster and for half the year I can eat ice cream. Could not do that on a clean bulk. Also it helped me get out of anorexic weight range.

Got an order from Old Navy. Fits better then uniqlo, long T shirts and sweat pants fit really well and look good. T shirts were like $6 and sweats were like $14. Considering uniqlo is like $50 for a pair of sweats now I think they're a good deal. T shirts make me look like a douche bag personal trainer though.

4. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

This makes sense. But wanting to cut something like 30 or 40 pounds is a lot of mass. Seems kinda crazy to me but then again, gaining 40 pounds would take me nonstop eating all day so eh.

5. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

6. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Really pisses me off when athletes say they'll be motivated to perform at the Olympics this year because its in the UK, how about being motivated because you're a professional athlete competing in the fucking Olympics?

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

I only need to cut 20ish, well 15 now. Not too bad. Depends on how dirty your bulk is. I ate at a very large caloric excess, but it wasn't like I was eating tonnes of crap.

8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

superglue

jajaja, it's just that I assumed by his numbers that he'd not be a novice still.

This kind of happens in OL.. at least from what I've talked with older lifters one basically gravitates towards the class where they'll perform best. A lot of it depends on height.. taller guys will be lifting at heavier classes and so forth, but very few in our circles do a big bulk and then cut to class (I'm 5'8" and my coach said I'll most likely be in the -85 if I keep at it). Most train 5-10 lbs above their class and take it off in the 2-3 wks before comp.

e. yes, manlet4life

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012

9. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Turns out leaving the gym early was the right call, as I had a video conference i forgot about. that I just made.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

the smart thing to do is a clean bulk and smart cut.

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

easier said than done, though.

takes a lot of dedication to eat cleanly year round

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

maybe ill throw a pic up when i hit 185. already looking a lot better, probably wont have a "flat" stomach at 185 even, but i dont want to drop below that..

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

What's the etiquitte of putting up pics? I'm at a pretty good place IMO but i don't want to be like "HEY GUYZ, HERE I AM"

14. APK

APK Senior member

I think I've mentioned here that I work with my uncle installing carpet a couple times a week. I was on a job this morning and stapling down some pad. When I tossed my knife to the side so it wasn't in my way, the handle bounced off the pad and the blade nicked my thumb. The blade barely made contact, but is so sharp that blood was dripping all over the floor even though I was cupping my thumb with my other hand. Pretty clean cut, so I was able to get back to work after holding onto the thumb for a few minutes, cleaning it under water and wrapping it up with gauze and electrical tape.

Silver lining (besides not cutting off my thumb) is that my gym is closed all day anyway because we were supposed to get a ton of snow. We haven't, by the way.

15. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Forget etiquette. I`ll post some pics for the lolz.

[​IMG]

This is me at 180

[​IMG]

and a slightly older back-shot.