Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Do you think its okay to keep doing deadlifts but skip squats? I wouldnt expect DLs to be hard on the groin. I was able to finish the set after it happened but it definitely didnt feel normal.

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

just take time off everything using that area. Groin/lower back strain is a great time to do a brolic workout and get some upper body pump brah

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

3. knucks

knucks Senior member

If you haven't been making progress every month, you are doing it wrong.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Functionally, this. I've been doing a lot of rehab/band/ball work on my legs and using no weight at all. Best to just rest it if you're not familiar with this. Deads will seriously stress your legs, and while it may not specifically target your groin, your weak groin might screw up your form or some other aspect that causes you to injure a different body part.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Has anyone ever told you that you're not the brightest bulb in the lamp?

6. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

I have generally been making progress but I feel like my gains have slowed since I curtailed my weight gains which prompted the original question. I suspect that on squats and DLs, my form has been a big impediment to continued gains (could also be a factor in the groin tweak), less so on BP and OHP.

7. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Its funny cause lamps don't have bulbs!

8. knucks

knucks Senior member

Maybe you should get stronger?

9. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Come on, kids, we all need to play nice here. Normally, I keep my mouth shut, but since this is one of the last threads that I enjoy reading on SF, I'd like it not ruined by these kinda shenanigans. And if you're response is to tell me to get stronger, I am always getting stronger and you can just ask Ex about that, thanks! :D

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

While I agree, I very much dislike some e-thug telling me things when he clearly should keep his mouth shut and hit the weights.

11. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I hope you are not referring to me, I'm just a man in his 30s trying to enjoy my daily work distraction in peace and besides the occasional, yet sound advice you give, I've noticed that you sometimes instigate others with your comments. So maybe you should take your own advice, ignore what others say and keep hitting the weights yourself.

12. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I have to agree. Seems like knucks got bored because the supermeatheads thread on sufu is a ghost town and came over here to troll us... except lately, it just seems like all his posts are just curt jabs at all of fuji's posts. knucks, I don't know what your intentions are, but please don't discourage fuji from posting. I doubt many of us are taking any serious advice from the guy, but his crazy ass posts sure are entertaining (0)

13. knucks

knucks Senior member

Tooch, no I am not referring to you. That comment was aimed at Rambo.

I guess having been through some injuries that could have been preventable and spending time doing research on a topic (food, training, etc.), it annoys me to see dumb things posted.

14. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Understandable, I too have been down that road, researched everything, reviewed how to preform movements properly over and over, lost over a 100lbs+, yada, yada and the list goes on. It can get frustrating to see/read some things, but I've learned it's easier to ignore them or better yet explain to someone what they might be doing wrong and offer some proper advice which I can tell you are more than capable of doing. I'll leave it at that...

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

I have good advice :(
    I vaguely know what im doing in the gym, enough to gain 100lb and acquire decent lifts.
    Nothing intradesting in the gym today really. The chav group was training back today though, which was unusual, legs next? Never seen someone grunt and roar on the reverse hyper before. It's not really an intense exercise, but that didn't stop them roaring on hanging leg raises either. Got a new group to track now though. Socially awkward white kids using every machine with far too little weight and standing around awkwardly between sets. One of them transformed the low cable row into a good morning though. Usually people use a bit too much leg drive on it and don't isolate the lats, but this guy was just holding the handle and doing a good morning. One of them was really skinny and ginger and wearing a vest with the arm holes cut to the hem, which was black and said slayer in huge white font, I loled in real life. Might make a blog or youtube channel about it, I reckon I could make decent money in advertising.