Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Haha, no not tren, im not that stupid.

Dunno, I just want to be in really good shape whilst im still fairly young. I know I could do it slowly and by my late 20s i'll look great, but I want to look like that whilst im at uni. Only had a few periods where I got really fed up with lifting so im not too worried about burning out. I do still really enjoy it.

For the lolz tomorrow Im gonna see how many minutes it takes me to squat 135 100 times. Hoping for around 10 mins do 10x10 with approximately 30 second breaks.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I jacked up my knee the other day. Nothing abnormal there, I have shit joints.

Thing is, my medical knowledge is entirely predicated on bad things that have happened to me before, when something new happens I don't know what it is.

The leg that I messed up has been going numb (falling asleep) from about the top third of the shin down since saturday.

Is this something serious? Does anyone know? I figure its probably just some kind of vascular restriction from the swelling in my knee, but I'd like to know if I'm going to spontaneously combust or something.

3. theom-

theom- Senior member

5 hours of sleep. Weigh in at 77kg. Max effort day. 85kg snatch pr. narrow misses at 90. 107kg clean and jerk pr. 120kg front squat pr. now delirious.

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I just started doing snatches... well power snatches a few weeks ago at the end of my Monday workouts.

I only work my up to about 75kg for a triple. Since I just started doing them (only my 4th time doing them), I'm afraid to go any heavier because I'm still not sure if I'm doing them right.

And because I don't want it affecting my most important lifts. Also, I would be very mad at myself if I hurt myself doing them.

I will say, they're really fun to do!

I tried doing regular snatches but I couldn't get the technique down and I don't think my shoulders are flexible enough to hold the bar over my head in a full squat position. :\

5. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

Do any of you guys have experience doing bodyweight/gymnastics type stuff? I'm talking about handstands, l-sits, one arm chinups, human flags, etc. I'm not really thinking of totally changing my exercise regimen/goals but I was reading and watching some stuff and found the whole concept of bodyweight training pretty awesome.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

Pancake day/shrove tuesday. Come at me sweet potato and salmon...

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

reminds me of a pancake house in holland, just about every ingredient you could think of ended up in a pancake together. ended up with bacon and ham... haven't stopped pouring syrup over bacon/breakfast sausages since.

edit: wait, salmon and sweet potato together? :eek:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I would like to get to doing one arm push ups.

9. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

what's the matter man, you sound like you've yet to taste salmon ice cream :laugh:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  10. knucks

knucks Senior member

It's not a race.

11. knucks

knucks Senior member

No, no problems there. Not like something going numb is a sign of anything bad.

12. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Beginning to think that maintaining weight and still making gains on lifts is a pipedream. I have been 175-180ish for a few weeks now, dont particularly want to put on any more pounds. Had a very tough time with squats on Saturday, felt like I tweaked my groin doing 165lbs 5 x 5, yesterday went up 5lbs on the bench to 175lbs and it was a struggle after nailing 170lbs 5 x 5 a couple weeks ago.

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I know that feeling. I'm 5'6" and 165 lbs and I already look a bit stocky at my pump-est.

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

haha not as a pancake. Was just complaining that everyones probably having delicious pancakes with syrup and im having a piece of salmon and a sweet potato for breakfast.

10x10x135 was pretty hard. Started getting really tired at about 50, took about 20 minutes to finish.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Take it from someone who's 3 weeks into a severe groin strain, that started out as a minor one - lay off it now before it gets worse.