Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Besides, you know, the book? Because if you don't have the book, get the book.

It's pretty quick when you're starting out but it becomes a lot slower when you need to really recover between sets.

Also, some people add curls and dips for dem beach musclez. Rippetoe even puts "how to curl" in the book.

2. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

How many posts do i have ITT compared to you? not many. I've actually just lifted weights, been on SS for a while, and gained 50lb in weight. Literally have no idea where this flame attack came from.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012

3. APK

APK Senior member

He was a bit harsh, but it does seem like most of your posts here center on your lifts either stagnating or regressing.

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

How is it possible that after 2 days of cutting I am now 200 and have ab definition again. Was 210 when I started. I know its all water weight, but fuuuuack.

Have bought tonnes of cod at $3 a lb. Gonna eat that with all meals and cut carbs on non lifting days. 185lb and shredded is the goal. Will clean bulk afterwards and try maintain abs year round.

I think stinger may just not be built to lift, seems not to be making much progress on it. From what he's posted his diet and rest sounds good and he's following SS, should be working.

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I just post what happens.

Is this possible? 184lb with an almost 42" chest and 55kg bench is pretty stupid.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah thats really weird. Maybe SS just isn't right for you, maybe your not built for flat barbell benching either, im guessing you don't enjoy it either. You said you prefer training in the 8 rep range, nothing magical about 5x5, give 3x8 or 4x8 a go or something. I switched to dumbbell incline press and occasionally dumbbell flat press, prefer them to flat barbell.

7. gort

gort Senior member

Got the kindle edition of it today for $9.99. :slayer:

8. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Where from?

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

At asda (don't judge bro, I know about you english people and your super market class hierarchy). It's a kg for 4 quid, which is about $3 a lb.

10. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

Stinger, don't you have fairly long arms? That makes it a bit more difficult to bench.

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Well then you're all set.

The first few weeks are pretty quick, but once you're putting up 2+ plates for Squats, you'll need the recover time

12. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Chipotle - the weightlifter's friend.

Serious question - how many grams of protein can one take in during a single meal? After said meal, how long do you need to wait until you can eat again and still absorb the new protein?

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

im pretty sure you can digest more protein than you can eat in a single sitting. i think the real issue with the "protein synthesis" thing is eating foods your stomach can handle. if you're slamming down a pound of spicy jerk chicken and you're on the can a half an hour later, you probably just shit your protein away. also, in my experience, chopping meat up really finely and chewing it to mush helped me feel better after eating, too... might be just an anecdote, but swallowing huge chunks of meat (lol) didnt digest as well.

so you can theoretically digest as much protein as is practically possible in one sitting, the issue is making sure it agrees with you enough for it to be digested. that was my experience, anyways

14. Johnny Amiga

Johnny Amiga Senior member

So, signed up with Ex earlier this week. Still have 5 weeks or so to go in my current program, so at first we're just going to focus on getting my diet right.

Pretty excited about this, I've been making decent progress lately and feel like making some big gains in 2012.

15. gort

gort Senior member

Kitchenaid stand mixer is amazing for protein fluff. So filling, so good.