1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

You are actually supporting some douche bag taking videos of another guy in the gym? What do you two get together and jack off to these videos of skinny guys?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

3. gort

gort Senior member

I'd probably want more to help someone who is obviously new to weights if they are benching so little. Everyone has to start somewhere and one of the biggest reasons people never bother getting in shape is anxiety about entering the gym as a total noob. When I was in high school as a junior and senior and taking a weight lifting class for an easy A, I'd always take the freshmen under my wing and encourage them to get under the bar even though I could tell they were terrified and sometimes embarrassed.

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

But it will make the stories so much more interesting and then you can see mr watts in real life, if I get a new phone eventually ill get one with a good camera. Also for video recording my lifts.

Yeah I don't think deads are that good a movement, maybe its just because I pull sumo so my ROMS really short and its basically the same movement as a squat, but very short ROM. I think you can build the deadlift very easily with squats and additional hamstring and lower back work. Not saying not to do deads, it's just if you can only squat or deadlift twice a week I'd do squats both times.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

yes, gym tards should be mocked at all opportunities; mirin yourself in the mirror means you are a douche and probably not a terrified noob. im all for helping humble new guys, but any kind of gymbro behaviour means idgaf. i probably won't jerk off to the video though, conceit is a big turnoff for me.

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I never got this. why would one care what other ppl at the gym think when most lifters at your average gym have no clue of what they're doing anyways? In life, one must be able to dispense a healthy amount of fuck off asshole when it comes to other people.

In the iron game, the unfortunate fact is that no matter how strong or lean you are there's probably a guy somewhere out there who's stronger and leaner. It doesn't matter. And as stated earlier, ppl who ridicule beginners are probably assholes and should fuck off.

I'm lucky to lift at the same gym with two former olympians, both of who are probably the best informed ppl I've ever met wrt all things lifting.

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

^ This is good.

Typically the biggest, strongest guys are the informed, nonjudgemental types who are just as happy to help as to completely ignore anyone around them. Bro's on the other hand can be easily spotted for attitude, gym attire, exercise selection, etc. and discerned from noobs.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

God damn you fucking gymbro motherfuckers for making me agree with Fang.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

And Gray Cook would disagree with you.

I mean, what the fuck does he know right? But he says if a person can't deadlift, they have no business squatting.

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

And oh I don't know, but maybe everyone here who's bitching about bullshit in the gym would be stronger if they just stopped giving a fuck.

At least when I've been pissed off about something, it was because some idiot was impeding my gym usage.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Just an opinion bro. I don't think deads have done too much for me, I've been deadlifting for ages, but until I started squatting I didn't put much size on my legs. I'm sure some westside and other coaches would disagree with him too.

12. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

:rotflmao:

13. knucks

knucks Senior member

Well no shit, I'm speaking of motor patterns.

14. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Most people don't know this before they actually go to the gym and do some proper research though. If you're just testing out a new sport getting the impression most people who already do it are cunts isn't going to make you want to stay.

15. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

I can turn off the tourette's sometimes.