Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We would need to see a video. Might be a form issue, or a weakness off the floor or lockout. If it's one of the first two, they won't really help too much.

2. knucks

knucks Senior member

I can see it improving the pull if you are exposive, but I've never worked w bands enough to know what I'm talking about

3. mrchariybrown

Fair enough.

A pair of dumbbells in your hands and over two #4's in your head makes your head feel like it's going to explode :)

4. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

Any tips for getting out of the OHP plateau? All my lifts are going way up but my OHP sucks, feels badman

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

Acquire massive glutes by dry humping loaded barbells. It'll increase stability and allow you to focus on the press. That or stop trying to max out on the OHP and relegate it to an accessory lift.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Any pointers/good vids on youtube someone can link to look at the correct positioning in performing pulley/cable pullthroughs? I have done it a few times incorporating it into my routine after squat, but I am not sure if I adding enough weight (or too much). Pretty sure my stance is correct but I don't feel it working. The range of motion I feel is very small to work the necessary muscles it proclaims to work. And before anyone says do goodmornings instead, I don't want to right now. FWIW: [VIDEO][/VIDEO] I feel hyperextensions work better, which I have been doing. But SPBR calls for pullthroughs.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  7. mrchariybrown

With a sled but pretty much the same concept

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I like using a bigger range of motion for these like Chris does in the video.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Hyper extension and the pull through are 2 very different movements. I think you should do RDLs or GMs.

9. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

Literally haven't run at all in the last three months and I went back to playing midfielder (have been playing goalie past few months) in soccer... holy shit... the 20 lbs I put on really did a number on me. I was ready to keel over after four minutes playing in the field. I felt like shit all game. On a good note though, I was able to handle the physical pushing/shoving much better than I did in the past.

Should be interesting since I'll be starting the training program for a half-marathon in two weeks.

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

wasnt going to do high doubles or triples, did them anyways..

after some bullshit deadlifting to feel out the hamstring, hit 50 reps of squats followed by rack pulls. Worked up to doubles at 585 and a single at 635, all beltless. Pulled from knee.

Felt okay. Strength is there for more but need to spend more time with rack pulls, it's been quite a few years since I've done them.

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

[​IMG]

Superglue that shit man. That's what they used to spray on wounds in vietnam too.

...when my coach says so.

No, but in all seriousness stuff like nagging injuries and joint pain, overall shittiness and blowing every workout may be subtle signs that one might be overreaching (NOT overtraining, that is a serious condiion and requires years of pounding your body into submission).

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Man at the gym told me squats are bad for me knees and I bend too far forward on my squats, second part is true, but as long as I keep the arch in my lower back im not gonna hurt myself especially when im working with like 90kg. After finishing my squats I went onto zerchers, received strange looks. First time I've done them, arms are all cut up. Felt good though, feel my abs working.

13. knucks

knucks Senior member

It's possible that your numbers are so low in the squat because youre bending too far forward and then turning the squat into a GM

14. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

After weeks of trying, finally hit OHP at 100lbs 3 x 5. Followed that up with push presses at 70lbs, 4 x 12, face pulls at 30lbs, 4 x 12 and dumbbell press with 25s at 4 x 12. Stopped using back support for dumbbell presses, much harder but definitely helps focus on tightening core and back.

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

I can squat 140kg, was just doing 90kg today so I could get some high rep work in. Really not bending forward that far, on like a heavy double I barely bend forward at all, I think I just get tired on high rep work. Working on strengthening my abs though so it doesn't happen at all.