Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Read it and sounds like the same stuff I've read years back.

That method, the reverse, or eating whenever works the exact same for me and for guys I've tuned diets for.

If it works for you, great. It's similar to how I eat at times, only because I'm hungriest in the early afternoon and I workout around 11am at the moment. But in my experience, it makes no difference whatsoever.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. fuji

fuji Senior member

I don't really think about my diet. I do make sure I get some complex carbs in the morning pre workout and a shake after the gym, but other then that i just eat meat throughout the day.

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

What's going on with my lower body?

My DL especially... when I'm grabbing the bar at the bottom, my hams are tight, my hip flexors feel tight, and I feel like I have no power and am totally unable to arch my lower back once I start pulling. I can keep it straight but when it's time to go even at low weights like 225 it will unarch. Without exception my lower body has been getting weaker and weaker each time I work out, my upper is doing fine. What the fuck?

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You been to the doctor D? Sounds like you've got a hernia or at the least a muscular problem going on there.

5. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Agh. My DLs are just going nowhere productive but all my other lifts are still going up. General supplemental lifts for all stages of the DL would be helpful.

Last week I had problems getting bar off the ground so I did straight leg DLs and GHRs for my hammies. This week got the bar off the ground with no problems but my grip kept slipping and my back definitely started arching funny.

6. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Nah I haven't. Definitely isn't a sports hernia though, doesn't have the symptoms.

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

banded good mornings are equal parts awful and awesome. they suck terribly but helped my dl along immensely

8. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I used to be good about taking a week off every 3 months but somehow I totally forgot... haven't taken a week off since last August (but never felt like I needed the break as badly as I do now).

9. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Banded GMs a la:

??

10. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

GEE I WONDER:foo:

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

yep, strap on some dumbbells if you dont have enough band tension. in my experience, i liked having more band tension than dumbbell weight; the tension is greater near the top of the movement so it really strengthens your lockout. when i was just using one band and heavier dbs, it didnt feel like a whole lot other than a drag on my shoulders. a towel on the back of your neck will make the movement easier; some may call me a pussy but the movement is harsh enough that i dont want to get distracted by bands scoring my neck.

a #1,2,3 set from ironwoody is something like 30 bucks? cant believe i went so long without bands, they are awesome and you should get some if you dont already.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  12. knucks

knucks Senior member

Yes but that won't help if you deadlift more than the band tension.

13. mrchariybrown

Of course it will, if programmed into your routine correctly.

That's like saying speed work won't help your deadlift.

14. mrchariybrown

That guy in the video isn't doing them explosively enough. The way HE'S doing it won't help your deadlift much.

15. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Tips on adding to my routine? I'm going nowhere with DLs so I'm going to do supporting work for them. Kind of embarrassing that I can only DL ~180 but I can squat that for sets. Was going to replace DL day next week with straight leg DLs. Will add banded GMs for back work. My grip was slipping also, but I think that might have been a slick bar since wiping it off after a set helped.

That was the first yt link I found that was a guy actually doing good mornings without contorting himself like an acrobat.