Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

That is helpful feedback on stabilizing the bar. I have had the same experience as you with bending my knees. It definitely results in the exercise hitting a slightly different muscle group and seems to take stress off the back. I dont know if this is the "right" way to do them but it works best for me.

2. knucks

knucks Senior member

I don't squat high

3. knucks

knucks Senior member

As for GMs, do them however is comfortable. You want a slight bend at the knees. Just arch hard, butt back, stay tight - the rest will take care of itself.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Almost locked Chuck. Same as getting too much knee bend in a Romanian deadlift.

Yeah, its easy to get the hang of once you try it a few times. You basically rotate your elbows towards the floor on the descent and pull the bar into yourself, as opposed to keeping them flared back like you would on a squat. Also, squeeze those traps together before you load up to try and create a bit of a "cushion" to pad against. The knee bending thing tends to happen more as I get more fatigued. I can't keep myself that vertical and end up compensating.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

i dont know how you guys pull conventional, shit sucks so bad. bar kept bouncing off the top of my knees on the negative and i kept on having to fight not to fall over forwards; sumo4lyfe. 345x5,5 sumo vs 225x10,10,10 conv. poop.

also, going from 2x5 and resting as much as i want between sets to 3x10 with 2 minute rests is humbling :(

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

Sumo pullers 2K12. No lower back injuries., easy form. No worrying about falling forward, just pick the thing up. I can't pull conventional without romanian dealifting the weight.

I don't find good morning form too hard. I bend my knees quite a bit though and keep the weight relitively low.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I don't know how you can do 3 sets of 10 reps of deadlifts. I'm spent after about 6 in a set and never want to go back for more.

8. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Explain to me how that makes you qualified to talk down a whole fed because some guys get away with a bit on squats?

By your logic, there were some dickhead Germans back in the day.. I am not German, therefore I can judge a whole race because some of them were assholes.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

I think that's quite a stretch there

10. knucks

knucks Senior member

Don't get me wrong, there are some really strong guys who compete in SPF, I just don't think cutting squats high should be allowed..

Also, it's not an exaggeration that ~95% of the squats are high, deads/bench are not locked out....they also change rules to make Westside happy.

11. mrchariybrown

I don't see your second point at all. But I do agree (I think anyone would agree) that cutting squats high should not be allowed.

But that kind of shit happens in any feds. Sometimes guys just get away with it more in other feds. I'm not arguing with you that SPF, in the past, have let more high squats pass than most feds but, like I said, that's not a reason to talk down the whole fed and all its lifters.

And from what I'm seeing and hearing from lifters, the judging has gotten a bit more strict in the past year or so because of that.

12. knucks

knucks Senior member

13. mrchariybrown

You can't really judge 100% from that angle. Cameras play tricks. It's obviously better if you're there in real life.

But from I see, when his "dips" it looks like his hip hinge hits parallel with the top of his knee.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But then again, he is wearing black and from the angle, it's really hard to say.

14. knucks

knucks Senior member

Yea maybe. He's more legit than most I guess

15. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

... and here I thought you were making comment on exercising under the influence of recreational drugs. :embar: